Anyone else watching Ken Burn's Holocaust?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Well sounds like I won't be watching this from what others have posted. Sounds like its all on the agenda of the propaganda media. They despise anyone Conservative, and then spinning it. Its like if Nazi brown shirts were calling the Jews nazi brown shirts, therefor since Jews are nazi brown shirts, then the real Nazi brown shirts must rise up and destroy them, because they are nazi brown shirts. Its amazing to watch, or am I the only one seeing this?

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Operant conditioning.

Operant conditioning is going on to this day...spread further and wider. Some is subtle. some is anything but.
    Jordan Peterson asked himself this question also.....on the flip side he asked how could any human being become a Nazi and work a concentration camp killing Jews, or anyone. He can't imagine how one could become so evil. So he put himself in a test, what system and conditions would get him to that point? He would give it 10 days. He said he got to the point where he could see himself doing the same thing the Nazi's did, becoming that evil and it didn't even take 10 days. That was from a man that appears to have morals and a great mind.....good Lord.....look what we have in this country. First major crisis and panic and many would bow and do whatever a Tyrant told them to do. We caught glimpse of that already with the scamdemic. And that was just a little thing, perhaps a test.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Jordan Peterson asked himself this question also.....on the flip side he asked how could any human being become a Nazi and work a concentration camp killing Jews, or anyone. He can't imagine how one could become so evil. So he put himself in a test, what system and conditions would get him to that point? He would give it 10 days. He said he got to the point where he could see himself doing the same thing the Nazi's did, becoming that evil and it didn't even take 10 days. That was from a man that appears to have morals and a great mind.....good Lord.....look what we have in this country. First major crisis and panic and many would bow and do whatever a Tyrant told them to do. We caught glimpse of that already with the scamdemic. And that was just a little thing, perhaps a test.
    The first step is often times making the enemy seem less human than you. It’s much easier to oppress or go to war against “animals” than mothers, fathers, brothers, and sisters.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I made it 10 minutes into the first episode, then shut it off. I'm not going to watch a multi hour lecture about how Americans didn't do enough. My grandfather risked his life by volunteering to go fight overseas (he didn't wait to be drafted) in WWII to put an end to the evil going on over there, and he was lucky he made it home alive. Ken Burns can keep his white guilt propaganda.
    I'm glad you learned something.

I watched, I felt sick seeing it, but in No way felt guilty. We lean from the past not through guilt, but through a deep understanding of the events and causes. And there we a lot if causes that I never knew about in our own country.

It seemed like we turned a blind eye to the plight of Jews in Europe until it was impossible to look away, but by then it was to late for millions; a number that is inconceivable for me today. I knew about Lindbergh, but the anti-Semitism of people in government I was ignorant of. I learned something.

The whole, "I'm not going to feel guilty by XXX" is used as a cop out to ignore things now. If anyone is truly compelling you to feel guilty for events decades ago then they are a fool, a Ken Burns is no fool.

You may not view present day events as a precursor to a holocaust, but that should not dissuade anyone from watching; just turn it off for the last ten minutes of the last episode.

And a whole lot of us had grandfathers, uncles, and fathers that enlisted.

Top Bottom