Anyone else know a 'collector' like this?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    I shoot/ train with 1 long gun& handgun + my edc…
    I own plenty, but I rarely take them out. Just enough to enjoy them.
    I admit to be more a collector than a shooter. But that’s mostly from lack of time.

But I do own a small collection of first edition and 100+ year old books Comprised of the classics and certain titles that have been banned or censored. I have not opened any of them outside of inspection and admiration. I’ll buy a cheap paperback or audible to read the book instead.

Hulberr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2021
    Angola
    I work with a guy who buys guns as an investment, the investment guns never get shot. He has a much smaller group of ones that he will shoot. Me on the other hand I shoot everything in my collection regardless of value or collector desirability.

Kalashalite

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 24, 2023
    SE Indiana
    Having never fired one? No I've never heard of that honestly. But I would venture to suggest that a majority of guns in a large collection go virtually unfired. I have gotten more guys to admit that lately. I know I'm guilty of doing it a few times... but to my defense it has been mostly due to not being able to find affordable ammo readily. Had to let my Arisaka go because I didn't want to spend $40+ on a box of 20.

Kalashalite

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 24, 2023
    SE Indiana
    I've been contemplating getting rid of my British and German rifles because I can barely afford to feed them anymore.
    Even 8mm Mauser? That seems to be the cheapest surplus round any more. New production is way high just like anything full cal. rifle rounds that ain't .308.

Hulberr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2021
    Angola
    Even 8mm Mauser? That seems to be the cheapest surplus round any more. New production is way high just like anything full cal. rifle rounds that ain't .308.
    I have a tough time of accepting today's ammo prices. I remember buying military surplus 500rd cases of whatever you wanted for $100 or less. Because of that, I have rediscovered 22LR over the past few years and have been shooting them more than anything else.

Top Bottom