• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • redgreenrider

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    Decatur county
    I've decided that my next toy will be an XDS. It the spirit of keeping my wife happy, I told her I wouldn't by another gun until summer. But I didn't say anything about ammo and accessories :whistle: Since this will be my first .45, I've started picking up ammo here and there. Seriously, what's worse than a new gun and not enough ammo? Next, if I'm gonna have enough ammo to properly train with its probably a good idea to have a few extra magazines. So I I've already received an extra 5 rnd and 7 rnd mag from Springfield. Finally, this is going to be a carry piece, so I think a holster or 2 should be ready to use. Considering the lead-time for a Crossbreed right now, I went ahead and ordered a mini tuck. I'm also interested in an N82 but haven't jumped the gun on that one yet.
    Final decision; All black or bi-tone?

KoopaKGB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    South Bend
    My main concern with buying accessories for a firearm that you don't already own would be that after purchase and a range trip with it, you decide you don't like the way it operates or the recoil, or the feel or whatever. Of course you've researched the gun you want and feel that you're 100% sure on that particular firearm so I suppose it isn't that uncommon for others to have done the same before. Or perhaps when summer rolls around you've found a different firearm you want more. And just my opinion but to answer your question, I'd go all black.

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    The XDs is my new favorite EDC. Has never hesitated or jammed with ANY kind of ammo. Simply an awesome handgun and a great bargain at $520.00 (all black). You won't be sorry if you do buy the XDs.

You should definitely get the Pierce Magazine Extensions for the 5 round mags, very nice grip.

P.S. Some guys get around the "I won't buy another gun until XX/XX/XX" buy simply buying "parts", a receiver is a part, right? :evilangel:

IndyND

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    I admit to being sneaky with my purchases and trying to get some ammo prior to the purchase, but always for a caliber I have tested and will purchase. I wait for any specific accessories, but the generic stuff like a bag/case and any new cleaning supplies are fun to get ahead of time.

katfishinking

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2012
    southwestern ind.
    get an all black one. got mine for x-mas, still looking for 7 rd. mags though. the holster that came with the gun has been fine for EDC for me. easy to hide and comfortable to wear. I want to check out the same gun in 9mm. supposed to come out in the spring, but haven't saw them yet.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    I would wait until I had the gun, then figure out accessories and what not. Something might come out between now and then that you'll like better.

redgreenrider

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    Decatur county
    All very valid points. I'm aware I'm taking some minor risks but it just adds to the thrill of the hunt. What's the upper limit on price you would consider for a new XDS in black or bi-tone?

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Freedom, Indiana
    My EDC is an XD but a .40. I love it. I chose all black.
    On buying ahead, I've been buying reloading components, dies, etc for 30.06 for a couple months now although I don't expect to own my first 30.06 for a couple mote months yet. I've never even fired one. Looking for an M1...lol.

Top Bottom