• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zcam630

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Somewhere
    I'm thinking of buying a 2005 Dodge ram 1500 Quad Cab, 4x4 with the 5.7L HEMI. Wanted to to see what others thought of the truck or if any one has had any problems. Thanks:popcorn:

StarbaseSSD

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2008
    Clarksville IN
    I'm thinking of buying a 2005 Dodge ram 1500 Quad Cab, 4x4 with the 5.7L HEMI. Wanted to to see what others thought of the truck or if any one has had any problems. Thanks:popcorn:

I have a '97 Ram 1500 Sport with the 5.9L Magnum V8, 6" Lift, 4x4, Extended Cab, with currently 170,000 miles but purchased at 100,000 miles in 2003. The only issues I've had are I had a tranny failure at 120,000 miles (which is pretty standard, EVERYONE I know has had the Dodge tranny fail at that neighborhood) and a water pump failure. Other than that, she's been a workhorse. Hauled a 8,000 lb travel trailer several thousand miles. 70k miles in 6 years, lots of trips up and down Indiana, a couple trips to Georgia, 4 wheeling in Brown County, ran the dunes in MI. etc I'd buy it again, even with the known tranny issue...

Plague421

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Portage
    I have a 03' RAM 4X4 Quad Cab, I love it. It is the first truck I have ever owned, but I don't see how you can get any better. It has more passenger room than any of the cars I have owned (92' caprice, 97' towncar, 03' LS) and it's a truck. Whats not to love about the good ole' American Pick-up Truck?

My only complaint, I wish I would have gotten the HEMI, I have the 4.7 V8, on the highway it doesn't have the power and acceleration I am used to. Maybe that is just a truck thing, like I said I never had a fullsize before. I have driven mid-size for work though.

FYI I get about 10MPG if I drive heavy,(fast) if I go easy i get about 13.5-14MPG.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    I have a '97 Ram 1500, extended cab, 4x4, 8' bed. Bought it brand new in '97 and it had 8 miles on it, now it has 103,000. It has made the trip from Bloomington to Nashville, TN and back many many times and has pulled a full box trailer (uhaul) on several of those trips. Only problems so far are front u-joints going out, heater core replaced, front seal (or something) in the engine replaced, and new batteries. If I could afford it I would definitely replace it with a brand new Ram.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    I usto have a dodge ram with a 24 valve cummins and it had by far the most pulling power of any truck ive ever been in it was a 5 sp. the very first time i drove it i was pulling grain to the co-op. when i got there i wieghed in at 28??? pounds wich is alot for a truck. there is 1 extreamly steep hill between me and the co-op. the first trip i hit it im 2nd and by the top i had wished i had dont a higher gear. next trip i hit it in 3rd and still wished for a higher gear. the right gear was 4th i thought about 5th but decided against it.

the only problem i ever had was the body was near falling off. i have heard that a dodge truck is the box that a cummins moter is packed it. i cant say enough about the motor but the truck its self left alot to be desired imo.

WhitleyStu

Keep'em Scary Sharp!!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 11, 2009
    Whitley County/Allen County
    Bought this Dodge new in '97 and have only had it back to the dealer once in 12 years. Maybe I am just lucky, but this has been one great truck. Rides great and I hope to keep it for many years to come...
    1997dodgeram003ty6.jpg

spainy79

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Sullivan
    See avatar. Mine is a 2004 2500 Hemi, QC, LB 4x4. I've had it for 4 years now but only put 33K miles on it (had 23K when I bought it). The only issue I had was covered under warranty. U-joint went bad at 40K. It has something to do with the pinion angle on driveshafts that have carrier bearings (or so I've been told). Spark plug changes are a major PITA! Well, the driver side is anyway, passenger side isn't too bad. Oh yeah, 2 plugs per cylinder. I'm getting ready to put my stock tires back on so hopefully I'll see my mpg's jump back into the teens. If interested in more info read the forums at hemitruckclub.com. I have the same screen name there.

KDUBCR250

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Martinsville
    <---------Mine has been a very good truck. I have owned Chevys & Fords all break,all wear out! As a matter of fact I have a broke down Ford diesel in the drive :rolleyes:

Buckhunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Shelby Co
    I've got a '99 ram 1500 with 117,000. I have owned it for 5 years and the only time it ever broke down was the waterpump. Have never had any trans probs at this point ( knocking on wood). but......I've got a buddy with a 98 that's on trans # 3 (he's not the sharpest knife) or maybe I've just been lucky. I have not done much HEAVY haulin but it's had no prob pullin boats or my little 12ft trailer.

I do recommend a superchip!

Top Bottom