anyone drawn for Northern In. pheasant hunt?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Field King

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2008
    I have sent in for over 20 years and every year comes back "unsucessful, try again next year" I am beginning to believe the rumors that only friends and relatives get drawn, I know there are limited properties and hunters drawn but this is rediculous! Anyone drawn can bring 2 friends, I have a good English setter that will point the birds if anyone got drawn and will invite me?

kwalls

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2009
    Bargersville
    One of my dads clients parents live in fowler indiana and they farm as well as both of thier sons they have about 3200 acres all together up there. Its tough hunting up there we ran 2 dogs and walked about 12 miles... We also got into two coveys of quail too. However one of the fields they own is right next to the indiana dnr pheasnt hunting place. Needless to say we limit out every year in that field...

Field King

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2008
    One of my dads clients parents live in fowler indiana and they farm as well as both of thier sons they have about 3200 acres all together up there. Its tough hunting up there we ran 2 dogs and walked about 12 miles... We also got into two coveys of quail too. However one of the fields they own is right next to the indiana dnr pheasnt hunting place. Needless to say we limit out every year in that field...
    I would pay $50 to hunt there for opening weekend?

Field King

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2008
    How do you find out if you are drawn or not? I put in for the first time this year.
    The results are on the dnr website, took me some time to find but you have to put in your name and birthdate once u find the link and it tells u if u were succesful or not, mine said unsuccesful!

Field King

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2008
    I was drawn this year for the third time in about 18 years. I will be southwest of Fowler.
    I envy u. those are good propertys, I spoke with the DNR and the system was changed a few years ago to ensure hunters who were drawn before would have less of a chance than hunters who were never drawn, I am skeptical of the draw, good luck and I am JEALOUS:xmad:

curraheeguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County
    Gotta dog? I've got a meatheaded English setter that would love to get one some wild phesants! I'll even drive us up there!

Doug K

Thanks for the offer, but I have a long standing agreement with two work buddies that if one of us gets drawn we take the other two as buddies. It has worked out pretty good. Two of us have great dogs.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    Gotta dog? I've got a meatheaded English setter that would love to get one some wild phesants! I'll even drive us up there!

Doug K
    This thread has me thinking. I am going to make some calls to some OLD friends up North. I will be at the 1500 Saturday morning in the tactical shotgunner.com booth. Swing by if you are there.

I miss the old family property up there, quail and pheasant.

On a side note I do have access to 50 acres not far from your summer place. I have not even set foot on it yet and have a few other contacts in the area AKA friends of friends in the area. I hear there are quail on the ridge along river.

Top Bottom