Anyone buy a new caliber gun because you have a lot of that brass?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dieselrealtor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    177   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Morgan County
    There are a couple of calibers of brass I have accumulated a fair amount of over the past several years. Never thought I would have interest in these calibers but now starting to think about it.

loudgroove

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2023
    Lagrange Indiana
    Kinda, I had a lot of 410 shells at the time and realized there was a handgun call the Judge. Happened to be at a gun show in Nashville TN and saw one. Talked to the guy about it and decided to buy it. Than went out to buy a lot of 45 long colts to shoot thru it lol

dsol

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    Had a friend give me a box of misc ammo after his grandfather passed away. In there were three boxes of 38S&W. A few weeks later, I saw one of the old break top revolvers at Falls City in Clarksville.

It was so reasonably priced, it went home with me that day.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Ended up getting a lcp Max after a failed venture with a Baby Rock firing pin broke the first time it was used. Had it fixed and it is just taking up space in the safe.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I picked up 9mm for years, while I was already bent over seeking .45 ACP cases. Pretty easy call to switch when 45 components became expensive, along with all of the reasons that we all now carry nines.

I held off on 300BLK, just being a fad, until I started regularly finding brass for it

Not brass, but ammo? I bought a fair amount of 17HMR, whenever there was a sale, long before I found the gun I wanted.

:yesway:

kaveman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 13, 2014
    La Porte
    I've bought many guns because I got a good deal on magazines and maybe ammo, but I don't think I've done it just because of brass.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    There are a couple of calibers of brass I have accumulated a fair amount of over the past several years. Never thought I would have interest in these calibers but now starting to think about it.
    I have a lot if nickel plated 40 S&W I plan on buying a Leo trade in S&W 2.0 full size sometime soon. Especially if it's $250?
    I've never had a 40 S&W. I bought the brass to load for my niece but she doesn't use her HK anymore.

Last edited:

dieselrealtor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    177   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Morgan County
    My bins for 6.5CM & 7.62x39 have grown, haven't got rid of these as I have gone down that road before. Sold a bunch of 10mm brass a couple of years ago, now I own 2 :wallbash:

Have some other oddball stuff that I have no interest in persuing, 32acp, 357sig, commie handgun calibers, etc.

Bookmark

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2014
    Gibson County
    I received quite a bit of 45LC and 45-70 brass when a relative passed away but don't own either caliber yet. Currently tempted, although I really don't need either one. Like that ever mattered anyways...

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I occasionally pick up .380 along with my 9mm, but never have purchased a .380.

When I end up with calipers I don't own, I give them to others that do load them.

If anyone is looking for a rather large stock of 9mm brass, check my classified and make me an offer. - shameless plug. :)

Michigan Slim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    I've come across a fair amount of .243 brass that folks no longer had use for since the 6.5 Creedmore craze.

:)
    My daughter bought her very own .243 in 2018. She shot monster bucks with it in 2018 and 19. I'm a believer. I bought a Ruger No. 1 in .243. Absolute tack driver.

92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    I came into a bunch of .380, so I bought a .380 barrel for my Beretta 81. I've also been amassing a collection of 10mm brass with the intent of eventually buying a gun to shoot it out of, but haven't settled on which one yet.

cavallo

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 17, 2023
    Brownsburg
    I received quite a bit of 45LC and 45-70 brass when a relative passed away but don't own either caliber yet. Currently tempted, although I really don't need either one. Like that ever mattered anyways...
    If I had a bunch of 45 LC I would be more tempted than many other calibers I don't have.

Top Bottom