• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    I'm hearing people from brown, Columbus, hope, Nashville and Scipio hearing a large explosion...did you hear it? Happened about 15 mins ago

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I'm hearing people from brown, Columbus, hope, Nashville and Scipio hearing a large explosion...did you hear it? Happened about 15 mins ago

Just getting ready to post about this. First thought it was the huge wind dropped something close. Then realized that I'm sure the ground shook, like an earthquake.

Scanner app says many reports across numerous counties. Also saying Bartholomew County checked with Atterbury and they are claiming it was them.

There is bound to be more news of this. The ground doesn't shake without it being recorded.

I've heard and felt stuff from Atterbury before over the years lived here. This was bigger than anything I remember. More like the earthquake from 1987?

Last edited:

Caleb

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    Just getting ready to post about this. First thought it was the huge wind dropped something close. Then realized that I'm sure the ground shook, like an earthquake.

Scanner app says many reports across numerous counties. Also saying Bartholomew County checked with Atterbury and they are claiming it was them.
    I know they usually do that kind of stuff but it's never been that loud or window rattling

Caleb

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    Only other thing I can think of is two plates along a fault line moved violently...they are known for sounding like an explosion

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I'm west of Bloomington, and i heard it while i was out moving logs. I thought the Russians were here.
    I was at Tractor Supply in Ellettsville. We in the store heard it. I didn't know what to make of it. From inside the store it sounded like a semi hit the dock too hard.

But there weren't any semi's and I'm not sure if they even have a dock door.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Crane testing out the new MOABs?

Wonder why they wouldn't make some sort of announcement?

We have quite a few INGOers at Crane's facility. Wonder what it was like down there?

Top Bottom