• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • turnerdye1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    North Central IN
    I found a BNIB X95 at my local gun shop this week and decided to walk out with it. Got it in all black and in 5.56 with 16.5” barrel.

Just wondering what you guys have done to yours. As of now I’m just going to run a sling, red dot, vertical grip, and a white light.

Ive looked at running a Streamlight Rail mount with a tape switch and an Inforce WML. Both in the 1K lumen variety. Just wanted your guys opinion before I drop another 150 bucks.

Attachments

• 26D03EA9-2DEB-48D7-B342-51DCBA51F090.jpeg
      26D03EA9-2DEB-48D7-B342-51DCBA51F090.jpeg
      1.9 MB · Views: 35

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    Nothing much. vortex red dot, PSA 3x magnifier on a flip mount (don't suggest it... not so great), TLR-1HL. Dot's cowitnessed with the BUIS so the rear can act like a diopter to clean up the dot and positive alignment for a touch more accuracy. (everything helps with my eyes)

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    200   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    Congratulations on your purchase.
    I do not own an X95, I do however own an SAR.
    Has a Leupold firedot optic, in a Leupold mount.
    Urban ERT sling on it, kept it pretty simple really.

USDS installed an ACC 51T flash hider, externally threaded for a can. Kudos to Mike for doing an outstanding job!
    The threaded portion of the Tavor's barrel is a little bit longer than an AR, Mike had to add the correct number of washers to get it timed properly. In other words had to install and remove it a few times to find the magic number of washers.
    Great shop if you've never been in there.

It's on the left in my pic of bull pups, FS2000 was sold a few years ago to member on here.
    Still have the Tavor and the PS90 (Gen. 2 trigger pack and original optic with the black doughnut)

DSC01719.JPG

Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    New x95 owner as of January. Not a lot needs to be done to it. Swapped mine to a lefty and put a Vortex Strike Eagle on it. A light might be something I add in the future.

turnerdye1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    North Central IN
    I’m really contemplating a new optic. I like everything how I have it setup currently. Like you guys said, this gun doesn’t need much of anything.

Im thinking about a Swampfox Arrowhead 1-8x. It’s their “duty” version with locking turrets. I’ve seen a lot of good reviews and they offer 30% off for LEO.

Attachments

• 1CF71BAF-8F58-4A43-8059-5ADB72698669.jpeg
      1CF71BAF-8F58-4A43-8059-5ADB72698669.jpeg
      2.1 MB · Views: 13

IndyIN

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 98.3%
    58   1   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    Texas
    I changed out the grip in addition to the normal light and optic add-ons.

Attachments

• IMG_1223.JPG
      IMG_1223.JPG
      2.6 MB · Views: 14
    • IMG_1243.JPG
      IMG_1243.JPG
      2.4 MB · Views: 14

Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Have you taken it to the range yet? I had mine out last weekend and it's damaging brass. Can't figure it out if it's a Tavor thing, or just my Tavor.

turnerdye1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    North Central IN
    Have you taken it to the range yet? I had mine out last weekend and it's damaging brass. Can't figure it out if it's a Tavor thing, or just my Tavor.

I took it out last week and it shot great. I shot about 60 rounds but dont remember seeing any damage. It was mixed with some AR brass also that I still have. I'll take a look at it when I get home. Any specific damage?

Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Every single case has a similar mark, or marks. At first, I thought they were cracks. I do have a bit of primer flattening, but I don't think they were too terribly hot. Especially since I had several instances were it never cycled completely, and it never did lock open on empty. Could it be that it was just bouncing and the dwell was too short? I dunno.

Anyway, here's a couple pics. First, grabbed a hand full and all 9 are shown here. I circled a few. I looked at them through a set of magnifiers and they aren't cracks. The edges are raised or mushroomed up. Something definitely pushed or cut into them. After I took the first pic, I inspected the entire lot. Every single case has something similar, but there was one much worse than the others. I had one at the range on a FTF that when I ejected it, had a dent creased from the neck, across the shoulder, about a 1/3 of the way down the case. In the second pic, imagine that just continuing down the case for another 1/2".

Attachments

• brass.jpg
      brass.jpg
      306.6 KB · Views: 21
    • brass2.jpg
      brass2.jpg
      214.1 KB · Views: 21

turnerdye1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    North Central IN
    That's definitely not happening on my brass. I wonder if you have a burr or something in your barrel causing this?

I haven't had any issues with my gun locking back either. Mine actually locks back harder then an AR and its really noticeable.

I would try calling IWI and letting them know. I've heard they have good customer service.

Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    The first time I took it out, I didn't have any issue locking open or FTF. I don't recall any issues with the brass, but I also don't recall looking for any. I cleaned it really well and lubed it. If I have problems next time out, I'll definitely be calling them.

IndyIN

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 98.3%
    58   1   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    Texas
    The first time I took it out, I didn't have any issue locking open or FTF. I don't recall any issues with the brass, but I also don't recall looking for any. I cleaned it really well and lubed it. If I have problems next time out, I'll definitely be calling them.
    Did your issues start popping up after you switched it to lefty?

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    I just have a PA 1x Prism sight on mine because I have a slight astigmatism so red dots don't work that well for me. I want to throw a 3x or thereabouts ACOG on there eventually but other gun things and motorcycle stuff keeps taking precedence.

turnerdye1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    North Central IN
    I just have a PA 1x Prism sight on mine because I have a slight astigmatism so red dots don't work that well for me. I want to throw a 3x or thereabouts ACOG on there eventually but other gun things and motorcycle stuff keeps taking precedence.

Nice! I just ordered the gen2 version of their mx20 red dots. I'm gonna wait for a gen2 6x magnifier from them also. I thought about LPVO but just don't have enough experience to trust them

What's strange is the dents/creases are in different areas and angles on the shoulder.

I dont think anyone has figured that out yet. I haven't had that problem and I dont think its common

Top Bottom