• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dinny

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 27, 2015
    Trafalgar
    ..that can skin, flesh, and salt hides for me? I have a farmer who asked me to trap coyotes off his farm. I'm good at trapping them but I'm a terrible skinner and flesher. Besides that I'm most certain the HOA wouldn't allow it. I can't hardly fart outside without hearing from the HOA.

Thanks, Dinny

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    HOA’s would hate me. Population density matters. Wish the city dwellers would quit come towards me.
    Skinning is easy. Just take your time. Set up a kill room in the garage and shut the door. If you need to know how to set up a kill room watch dexter. Tanning takes time.
    I think a small dreasing area for the few coyotes you will catch can be hidden from the HOA using a garage with shut door and covered windows

trimman83

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    Warren Park
    If this works out for you, please pass their contact info. I'm good at catching fish, but I don't like the part between the live-well and little packages stacked in my freezer. Next we will move on to the time between a well placed arrow and a Venison loin steak next to my corn and broccoli.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    ..that can skin, flesh, and salt hides for me? I have a farmer who asked me to trap coyotes off his farm. I'm good at trapping them but I'm a terrible skinner and flesher. Besides that I'm most certain the HOA wouldn't allow it. I can't hardly fart outside without hearing from the HOA.

Thanks, Dinny
    When I trapped I had a yard shed that was used. Place to clean them and hang the stretchers. It doesn't really take much room.

The problem was it become not worth the extra work. Now I just sell the entire animal to the fur buyer and he does the extra work. When all the extra work was only worth a $1-2 per fur it no longer was worth it to me.

Last edited:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I plan to send them to Z&L Tannery and give them to my son. We started a collection when we lived in VA and I had a trapper there who would flesh and salt my hides.
    "Tan me hide when I'm dead, Fred
    Tan me hide when I'm dead
    So, we tanned his hide when he died, Clyde
    And left it hangin' on the shed!" -- Rolf Harris ;)

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

Thanks, Dinny

What would a job like that pay?

Top Bottom