• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Elcardo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 14, 2020
    Ft.wayne
    Just wondering if anyone knows any shops with primers in stock in or near Indianapolis
    The wife and I are in town till Thursday just hanging out and seeing what there is to do so figured I'd see if there's anything out here while I'm here
    I know they are crazy expensive

While I'm here any really awsome gun shops that are a must check out?
    Maybe places with a lot of AR parts and plenty of tacticool stuff??

Last edited:

Dentoro

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Fairland
    Plainfield used to have a bunch of reloading. Bobcat had some. it is cheaper to just buy loaded ammo right now. It costs just as much to make your own.

Elcardo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 14, 2020
    Ft.wayne
    Plainfield used to have a bunch of reloading. Bobcat had some. it is cheaper to just buy loaded ammo right now. It costs just as much to make your own.
    I'll have to look around at ammo here then too if its that cheap, it cost me less than .30 per round to load 5.56 if i figure primers at .10 each and everything in my area is .60 per round for loaded ammo

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 9, 2022
    Bloomington
    I'll have to look around at ammo here then too if its that cheap, it cost me less than .30 per round to load 5.56 if i figure primers at .10 each and everything in my area is .60 per round for loaded ammo
    No, your numbers are about right for what I've seen around here, too. Yes, if you have to buy brass, then reloading costs are about the same as the cheapest steel cased stuff you can find, but that's steel case.

Unless you're buying new brass, you can still save a little bit of money versus buying brass cased loaded ammo. And if you're talking about loading any kind of hollow point self-defense/hunting round, then you can save a pretty significant amount.

Elcardo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 14, 2020
    Ft.wayne
    No, your numbers are about right for what I've seen around here, too. Yes, if you have to buy brass, then reloading costs are about the same as the cheapest steel cased stuff you can find, but that's steel case.

Unless you're buying new brass, you can still save a little bit of money versus buying brass cased loaded ammo. And if you're talking about loading any kind of hollow point self-defense/hunting round, then you can save a pretty significant amount.
    Yeah gobs of brass ...since I can load it multiple times and you never know how many times that will be I calculate brass at .01 per loading

Aszerigan

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    336   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    You're correct.

For larger calibers like 10mm, 44 Mag and 45 Colt, the cost savings is VERY significant, even if you buy new Starline brass.

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    Loading 45acp now for 19cpr
    9mm 125gr FMJ for about 22cpr (bought the bullets at height of pandemic when there were almost none at inflated prices)

component prices have come down a bit since then so I can likely reload even cheaper now since I have a decent stash of SPP & SRPs.

The best prices I have seen on 9mm 115gr FMJ has been around 34cpr (Natchezss has them for $339/1K and free shipping right now for Blazer).

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    My reloading equipment long ago paid for itself. I scrounge brass for free. Even paying today's prices, I can load a box of 9mm for a maximum of $11.00 per box of 50. Where are you buying ammo for these prices?

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    While walking through the Indy 1500, I think I saw 1 vendor that had primers, $100 per 1000 I think, and they only had maybe 4-5 boxes like that.

Been pulling out my reloading gear and found an old CCI small pistol primer box of 100 for 2.99 from DON'S GUNS.

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    I have not seen factory 147gr 9mm(subsonic) ball ammo for a long time.

I tried few small batches using SRP since I've got little SPP left. So far, so good.

American Reloading has been sending out emails for their primers at $100/k shipped. Maybe worth a try, but I'm not paying for that price myself.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I was at Bass Pro a few weeks ago. I asked about primers. They had some large pistol primers in stock for a little less than $90.00
    / 1,000. I passed.

Elcidaviator

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2021
    Scottsburg
    Kygunco in Louisville (I know it’s a gay from Indy) has every primer in stock at the deal of a lifetime price of $100/brick.

Unfortunately I think that’s going to be the new norm.

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 9, 2022
    Bloomington
    Kygunco in Louisville (I know it’s a gay from Indy) has every primer in stock at the deal of a lifetime price of $100/brick.

I don't know. I'm sure we won't ever see prices go back down to what they were, but I think there's signs that they might creep down at least a little further. They're starting to come back in stock online, and some of them are even starting to be less than 10 cents/piece (though with shipping and hazmat it still comes out to more than that, unless you buy a ton) so maybe we'll start to see them get back down to a little closer to 6 or so cents eventually...

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany

I'm not opposed to patronizing a gay establishment, but buying something from a resident of Indy is a different story!

clayshooter99

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Dec 3, 2008
    Was in ft. Wayne today, Fiocchi SP and SR primers were 190.00 plus tax per 1500 of them. Needless to say, they had cases of them on the shelf. Prices are going to have to come down some shortly or dealers will have more ammo that they can afford to have on the shelf. Didn't like it but recently paid 364.00 for a case out the door for CCI Blazer Brass 9mm in 124 grain

55fairlane

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 15, 2016
    New Haven
    Was in ft. Wayne today, Fiocchi SP and SR primers were 190.00 plus tax per 1500 of them. Needless to say, they had cases of them on the shelf. Prices are going to have to come down some shortly or dealers will have more ammo that they can afford to have on the shelf. Didn't like it but recently paid 364.00 for a case out the door for CCI Blazer Brass 9mm in 124 grain
    Where was this???

Top Bottom