• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Indian-noplace
    To be brief:

A very well known national / global beverage company has used my likeness in a national ad campaign for their product.

IE: My mug on a poster plastered all across the nation.

I did not give any one permission, rights, or consent to use my likeness for any promotion or adds.

Any help here guys and gals?

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    Alright which one is it :D

300399.jpg

medium_beer_can_chicken.jpg

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    To be brief:

A very well known national / global beverage company has used my likeness in a national ad campaign for their product.

IE: My mug on a poster plastered all across the nation.

I did not give any one permission, rights, or consent to use my likeness for any promotion or adds.

Any help here guys and gals?

Wow, that really sucks...At least it's not a national STD awareness campaign though.:):

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I don't know, but could I get an autographed sample of the product, or maybe a sixpack...a case would be nice!

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    C'mon and give the guy a bit of credit...Don't you think you could tell the difference between you and someone that looks exactly like you (even to other people)?
    Just looking for clarification. He said a "likeness" of himself.

Likeness: Synonyms:
    2. resemblance, similitude.

Sorry you didn't understand why I was asking. And no...you couldn't tell the difference between you and someone who looks "exactly" like you. If you could, they wouldn't look "exactly" like you. They would only resemble you. A likeness....

Last edited:

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Just loking for clarification. He said a "likeness" of himself.

Likeness: Synonyms:
    2. resemblance, similitude.

Sorry you didn't understand why I was asking. And no...you couldn't tell the difference between you and someone who looks "exactly" like you. If you could, they wouldn't look "exactly" like you. They would only resemble you. A likeness....

LOL, I must have completely missed the "likeness" part...I just saw the "IE: My mug on a poster plastered all across the nation," so I figured it was actually his mug.

If it isn't him and he's aware of it, this dude seriously needs to get a life (and a job that makes enough money that he doesn't need to go looking to sue people for no good reason). :twocents:

But, for the sake of a fellow INGO'r, I "hope" it's actually him and he sees some compensation out of this.

slacker

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapols, IN
    now that would be awesome :)

I ended up on the cover our my college's course catalog, it was kind of strange, I remember the school photographer going around and taking pictures at one of our spring weekends, but for the 'student's name' (my name) they just made something up.

The best part is that we were a "dry campus" and I was drunk :-D

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Indian-noplace
    No - Im 99% sure its me.

Same scar on my pinky, same wrinkles on my head, same tooth count, same dental "error" on my two front teeth, and same mole on my arm.

If its not me, my daddy was a playboy in his past.

Chefcook

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Raccoon City
    All joking aside what is the product and where can we view it??? I am fairly certain they can not use your image to advertise their product without your permission. What is it?????

repair

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    All joking aside what is the product and where can we view it??? I am fairly certain they can not use your image to advertise their product without your permission. What is it?????

This is a new problem (and not the first time) that we are seeing because of sites like facebook (I was told that they have changed this on their site but I don't know for sure).
    Most sites user agreements have you give up rights to pictures/video/comments that you host on their site.

They do it so that if you get mad and want to take your images and go home you can't force them to spend large amounts of time and money trying to purge the site of all of your content.

You will need a good, connected lawyer.

Top Bottom