• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I had a P3AT with hard chrome slide back when I needed a deep concealment rig for working overnights. It worked well for that particular role.

However, I've since moved on for several reasons.

1) This tiny gun requires that one spend time learning to shoot it well. However, as this is not a comfortable gun to shoot more than 30 rounds through, I never felt compelled to practice with it.

2) During those times when I did practice, reliability was not up to par. Sure you've got "break-in periods" and the "fluff-n-buff", but I personally feel that a defensive gun should run 100% out of the box, or it should be kept IN the box.

3) I lost faith in the .380 round. For me, 9mm beats it everyday of the week in just about all aspects (cost, availability, effectiveness, etc).

This all boiled down to me not feeling 100% confident in its abilities to get me out of a sticky situation.

As these are all personal decisions I've made, YMMV.

DepTaylor

Plinker
    Rating - 97%
    32   1   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    Westfield
    I have a couple hundred rounds through my P3AT and have not had a single failure. I have the belt clip and mag extension. The mag extension is nice, but a little ackward.

gillis51

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    I have an LCP, very similar, it's is very light weight which was the buying point for me. 380 is not a great man stopper but it's a hell of a lot better than nothing.

amboran

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2008
    Brownstown,IN
    KS&E had a good selection of both P3AT's and PF9's at good prices last week-that's where we found our latest addition to the collection.It is not the most comfortable to shoot,but small,lightweight and deadly(yes a 380 is deadly....)accurate.

DepTaylor

Plinker
    Rating - 97%
    32   1   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    Westfield
    Didnt mention in my earlier post, but I wouldnt want to shoot it at more than 20+ feet. But you have to consider when you would actually need to use a gun like this. Its for immediate close range threats.

Archbishop

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    INDY
    I just bought one and have so far shot about 150 rounds through it. I started with aguila ball bullets and it worked great no issues, switched over to the aguila hollow points around 100 and have a had few jams getting the bullets up the ramps, but I think it's two things the ramp may still need to be broken and I don't think these are the bast hollow points. They are cut off at a very flat angle. I'm going to try some other hollow points.
    But I do like the gun. It's not the most comfortable gun to shoot. (Trade off for the size) but it is fun to shoot and appears to get the job done ok.

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    I carry mine every day, Pair and a apare is how I was trained. I love it, It has a little longer grip than the Ruger LCP, great pocket gun. I had the first model and broke the triger the second time I shot it, I send it into the factory and they put my ser number on a new second gen model and ship it back to me in less than a week. I have not had any problems with the new one, and feel comfortable carring it and hitting what I aim at within combat range.

Last edited:

bRAD

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 12, 2009
    the P3AT is an ok gun based on size alone, however you will be much happier if you step up into the P11 or PF9. both of these guns are slightly larger but much better all around carry guns. The other reason not to buy a 380 at this time is due to ammunition being impossible to find. Granted 9mm is slim picking as well, but it is still available.

glockednlocked

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 7, 2008
    I love mine it suits its purpose to a T. range gun no.
    bbq gun no. most accurate no. but for deep concealment in a package that is low matnence and simple It works very well. Like anything shoot it till it proves trust worthy then trust it

jrainw

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 20, 2008
    Morgan county
    When I first got my CC permit I carried a 1911 some of the time,
    Then I bought a p11 and carried it most of the time,
    Two years ago I got a p3at, I carry it all of the time.

It's no range pistol, but mine runs well if you have a good grip on it and can be carried very easily.

Paul

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Brownsburg
    I carry mine every day. I had a pf9 and traded it for the p3at and I am glad I did. I am also very thin and have a hard time concealing guns. This works perfectly for me and it is light which makes it more comfortable to carry.

Top Bottom