• ...and so much more!
  • Biggredchev

Just some guy
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Pretty much Michigan.
    Are the Master Craft tires called Coursers? How do you like them?
    Im on my second set of mastercraft courser mxts and theyre hands down my favorite tire ive ever owned. The first set i bought used off craigslist with about 3/4 tread and got about 30000 more miles out of them. The set i have now have 3000ish with zero noticable wear. I am very impressed with how my truck acts in the snow with them, hands down better than my old bfg all terrains, and duratracs all around. I got better life out of those two but theyre also At least $100 more a set, depending on where you find them.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I need the speedometer recalibrated and have been looking at the superchips flashcal 170$ to 180$ and at the rough country quickcal 140$. Has any one had experience with either of these? Or is there a better brand I should be looking at?

What year?

BrianT

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2017
    Butlerville
    My Cherokee got totaled yesterday. Lady tagged me in the rear corner and actually broke the back tire off. Insurance is supposed to come tomorrow so I'm back in the market. I still have a 93 grand cherokee that's been trimmed and cut, it's an off road toy, and my wife has a 95 grand cherokee withno lift just bumper trim 31s on hers.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010

Chase515

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    Oxford, In
    Sorry for the late reply Rookie, I skipped your post last week. I ended up ordering the superchips flashcal from quadratec 190$ with shipping. It will be here tomorrow. What sold me was the ability to turn off the tpms sensor light and reprogram for larger tires.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    let me know how you like it. A lot of people have recommended the AEV procal on other forums, but I'm curious about the superchips programmer.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Yeah, yeah. Not exactly Jeep related. But... Dirt Every Day was in Indiana recently, picked up a Unimog, and drove it to Memphis. Just because.
    [video=youtube_share;D-ifJR-U7ZE]http://youtu.be/D-ifJR-U7ZE[/video]

I want one.

Outlaw

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 1, 2011
    Cornfield east of Indy
    I always wanted a unimog, until this show. They are not really good at anything but do just about everything.

Dirt every day is probably my favorite show, his friends have show called Roadkill that is pretty entertaining too. Check em out if you haven't already.

Chase515

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    Oxford, In
    I got the superchips flashcal today and it was very easy to use. I opened the box and checked out the literature, then downloaded the ignition app and plugged the unit into the computer. Filled out my required info and it said it was good to go. Had hoped for a discounted flashcal 5 upgrade but they want 350$ for the 2015. I'll keep my eyes open for discounted software upgrades. Took it out and plugged it in and it went straight to tire size, I half ass measured the tires and they are 32 to 32 1/4" on packed snow. Plugged it in to the flashcal hit send and it went. Dash lit up traction control, tpms sensor light, engine, I about **** my pants. Flashcal finished and said restart and I did and no check engine light or tpms or traction control. Checked the speed on a speedometer app on my iPhone and it matches perfectly. Gonna have the wife follow me in the truck tomorrow and see if it matches or is close.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    The JLU arrived yesterday and I picked it up tonight! This has the new 6 speed Aisin manual transmission, and it is nice!

I took a shot of it last night before they cleaned it up. I'll try and get a couple pics tomorrow and post them up. Can't wait to get it on a trail! I started breaking in the engine, so I put 60 miles on it tonight. I'm very impressed with what they've done. I still love my JK, but this thing is in a whole different league!

CK0eX6v.jpg

84pxTiR.jpg

Attachments

• CK0eX6v.jpg
      CK0eX6v.jpg
      807.4 KB · Views: 2

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Gonna need a DETAILED review of that JL! And see it in person... and a test drive.... please! :bowdown:

Pretty sure you have the first JL Rubicon in the county. I couldn't talk my wife into jumping that quick. We just got her JK last year, and she is pretty gun shy on new models. I'm also holding out hope that the JT is more Jeep than truck. Maybe next year....

In the meantime, more pics, so I can live vicariously!

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    Gonna need a DETAILED review of that JL! And see it in person... and a test drive.... please! :bowdown:

Pretty sure you have the first JL Rubicon in the county. I couldn't talk my wife into jumping that quick. We just got her JK last year, and she is pretty gun shy on new models. I'm also holding out hope that the JT is more Jeep than truck. Maybe next year....

In the meantime, more pics, so I can live vicariously!

Sure, you can drive it! There are some Rubis out there, but I definetly got one of the first manual transmissions. My dealership said they are almost certain it is at least the first in the US. Among the hundreds of orders of members of jlwranglerforums.com, I got the first manual. Those guys have been blitzing me with questions about the clutch feel! Lol!

I'll be driving all over the place today, so PM me if you want to take a look. I can easily swing by Brownsburg at some point.

I still haven't seen it in daylight, so I'm dying for the sun to come up!

Ingo says I've exceeded my quota for pic size? I don't know what the heck that means. I may need to get site supporter status again before I post more pics.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    Here is a fun video on the clutch/shifter in the new JLUR. I poked a bit at Motor Trend, who said the clutch had no takeup feel, causing them to stall it a lot while testing in New Zealand, while other media there said it was great. Anyway, the first video is on flat ground. The second one goes up a pretty good hill. As it turns out, the clutch is very good, and the shifter feel is outstanding. Enjoy!

[video=youtube_share;0A93xlqTUOE]https://youtu.be/0A93xlqTUOE[/video]

[video=youtube_share;t5jnziohDFE]https://youtu.be/t5jnziohDFE[/video]

WhitleyStu

Keep'em Scary Sharp!!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 11, 2009
    Whitley County/Allen County
    Two Jeep Wrangler Sahara JKUs. The one in front is my wife's birthday present, a 2017. The Jeep in the back is my 2018. My wife opted for the semigloss black top and cloth seats. I went with the top that is color keyed to the body and leather seats. On back roads they don't ride as good as my Ram 1500, but on good streets or highways the ride is great. I took off the factory Bridgestone Deuler AT tires and put Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs on both vehicles right after leaving the dealership.
    puFC88W.jpg

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    Two Jeep Wrangler Sahara JKUs. The one in front is my wife's birthday present, a 2017. The Jeep in the back is my 2018. My wife opted for the semigloss black top and cloth seats. I went with the top that is color keyed to the body and leather seats. On back roads they don't ride as good as my Ram 1500, but on good streets or highways the ride is great. I took off the factory Bridgestone Deuler AT tires and put Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs on both vehicles right after leaving the dealership.
    puFC88W.jpg
    Nice looking Jeeps! A garage isn't a home without two of them!

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    I took advantage of the weather Sunday to thoroughly wash and de-salt the Jeeps. I threw a coat of Turtle Wax Ice on the Red one. For the JL, I've got a set of 35's waiting at Discount Tire. They'll go on there Saturday morning. A Mopar 2" lift is shipping out today, so we'll have her ready for some extreme trails very shortly. After the lift/tires, the icing on the cake will be to get the parts I need to put the winch in the bumper, and then finally, rig up a CB radio.

I'd post pics, but INGO says I've exceeded my quota. I'm not sure why there is a quota for pics hosted on other sites. It is only a link. I'll just post the link.

https://i.imgur.com/x8v0poy.jpg

Top Bottom