22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    109523433_3132967953489387_4842266017871484358_n.jpg

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    Lol, they´ve stuffed Hemis in everything they make except maybe the Pacifica. Not so hard to do as they made us all think. They just needed a compelling reason to do it and Ford gave it to them.

deo62

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Peru
    Ok folks and resident experts, my JK just got totaled and thinking about replacing it with the new JL. It'll be a daily driver for my wife with the occasional off road and, of course, Indiana winters(no mud bogging). How are they holding up? Any special quirks? Don't want that 4cyl/turbo. Looking at either the willys or rubicon.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    Ok folks and resident experts, my JK just got totaled and thinking about replacing it with the new JL. It'll be a daily driver for my wife with the occasional off road and, of course, Indiana winters(no mud bogging). How are they holding up? Any special quirks? Don't want that 4cyl/turbo. Looking at either the willys or rubicon.

2.5 years, 34k miles, trouble free. Mine was a very early production JL, so that is pretty risky in the minds of many. I LOVE the 3.6 with the manual, and I´ve heard the auto is very well matched to it, too. It is better than the JK in every way, (I still love my JK) including off-road manners. It is just a joy to drive. I put a Magnaflow axle-back exhaust on it and it just makes a sweet sound when going through the gears. It is a great daily driver and a beast off-road. I smile every time I start it up. cre

The way the soft top functions is simply brilliant, too.
    I´ve got the Mopar lift with Fox shocks and 315/70/17 tires on stock rims. It rides and drives beautifully on the road and on the trail. I´m particularly impressed with the Fox shocks. It rides MUCH better than my JK.

I think you´ll be thrilled with either choice you are considering. I did go with the V6 because it was proven and has an excellent rep. It has 100% lived up to that. It is very smooth, too. I like that it is not direct injected. I will say the 2.0 is off to a great start. Everyone I know who has one loves it and has had zero issues, as well. I think Jeep hit a home run on this one.

deo62

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Peru
    Appreciate the reply. Makes me feel better about it. Always worry about the newest models when they come out.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    My son and I went with the Indy Jeep Junkies to the Daniel Boone Backcountry Byway for a little overlanding this weekend. Had a blast!

I´ll try to post more pics if I can get them uploaded to Imgur.

DHR6BVi.jpg

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    My son and I went with the Indy Jeep Junkies to the Daniel Boone Backcountry Byway for a little overlanding this weekend. Had a blast!

I´ll try to post more pics if I can get them uploaded to Imgur.

DHR6BVi.jpg
    Very Cool!

I'm heading down to Interlake this weekend for the IFWDA Summer Bash. Should be a good time. I'll be sticking to the bunny trails...

Grogmister

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 13, 2012
    Anyone ever been to Silver Lake Sand Dunes in Hart, MI? Wife and I are heading up there this weekend to play in the sand. Local buddy has a place up there and a sand rail so we are going to see how the Gladiator handles the sand.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    I´ve not been there but it looks fun! Everyone I know who has been there raves about it. Its on my list, so I look forward to hearing about your experience and seeing some pics! I watched a Gladiator do some really amazing stuff on our Jeep trip over the weekend. It was one of the coolest Jeeps I´ve ever seen.

portercounty

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 1, 2015
    Porter County
    I wish I hadn't sold my Cherokee now that I drive close to 400 miles a week working where I do. I even wish I hadn't lifted it, just replaced stock suspension. Am I crazy for thinking about wanting another one?

You're not crazy at all. I don't know many people who got rid of a Jeep and didn't want another one, myself included.

Grogmister

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 13, 2012
    I´ve not been there but it looks fun! Everyone I know who has been there raves about it. Its on my list, so I look forward to hearing about your experience and seeing some pics! I watched a Gladiator do some really amazing stuff on our Jeep trip over the weekend. It was one of the coolest Jeeps I´ve ever seen.
    I’m pretty excited to try it out. Hope to do a week day trip before fall with my son and a guy I work with if it’s all they say it is. I will try to post some pics or video.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Anyone ever been to Silver Lake Sand Dunes in Hart, MI? Wife and I are heading up there this weekend to play in the sand. Local buddy has a place up there and a sand rail so we are going to see how the Gladiator handles the sand.
    We have gone every year for the last 10 years. My wife really likes the trip. We are doing Jeep Invasion at the end of September this year. Staying in a VRBO on Upper Silver Lake this time. Usually stay at the Silver Stands Resort.

Your Gladiator should be a blast. You WILL get high centered on Test Hill! Take a strap and a buddy. Hopefully enough of the town is open that you can enjoy it.

Eat at the Chicken Shack, and then prime rib and lobster at the Open Hearth Grille and Bar. If MI is open for business, your wife may appreciate a drive up to Pentwater for shopping and dinner.

and yes, post pics!

Top Bottom