• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kasamp

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2023
    Hammond
    Any ideas or things I could to to make it less noticeable. Thanks for ya time ! :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      692.1 KB · Views: 93
    • image.jpg
      image.jpg
      346 KB · Views: 93

2tonic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    N.W. Disillusionment
    When surfaces rub one another, what gets worn away is only the material which impedes movement. This is what leads us to value objects which are "broken in".
    Whether an engine, firearm, or any assembly of moving parts, they all work better once the "stiction" is removed.

TL, DR... Those wear marks are making your firearm more reliable. Don't sweat it.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    That's normal. The barrel rubs the slide a little when it tilts during cycling. Make sure to put a skim of oil on that part of the barrel, but it's normal for the finish to wear off in a few hundred rounds like that.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Your finish is already worn off there is not a whole lot you can do about it. I usually leave a coating of oil over the barrel and slide cut out for the muzzle to keep it extra slick there to help prevent wear. It just means you have actually shot your pistol.

92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    Too late to do anything about it now, but more oil will prevent that, or at least drastically slow its formation. I had a G26 with thousands of rounds through it that had no such wear simply because I kept it oiled. Glocks have a pretty durable finish. The barrel locks up against the opening in the front of the slide when in battery, and then unlocks and slides against it when firing, so there's a lot of metal-on-metal contact there. That sort of contact demands lubricant.

cavallo

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 17, 2023
    Brownsburg
    Those marks are normal for Gen 5's. Gen 4 had a different coating that didn't wear off as quickly but that happens relatively quickly on a Gen 5. Nothing to worry about; it is only cosmetic. Just lube it as normal and it will be fine.

Chewie

Old, Tired, Grumpy, Skeptical
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Martinsville
    The real reason is because it's a Glock, nothing but cheap plastic and fanboy hype!
    OK, got my anti Glock dig in for the record.
    :rockwoot:

As everyone has stated so far, completely normal and nothing to worry about. A little oil on the (just a wipe) should always be applied to the barrel. My M&P's (also plastic) show the same wear.

Glocks are good firearms, just not for me.
    Clean it, lube it, respect it, and carry with confidence!

And "Keep On Truckin On"!

Bluedragon

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    Normal finish wear from use aka "Glock smiley's."

My edc Sig has more finish loss than that plus some dings on it's barrel. Your's still looks pretty new.

Keep shooting it and as other have said keep the wear points oiled on the barrel to help reduce futher wear.

Top Bottom