• ...and so much more!
  • Biggredchev

Just some guy
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Pretty much Michigan.
    Among other things as of recent, the bossman has tasked me with changing the brakes on the forklifts but I have no clue where to find the parts. Id like to find shoes and hardware, Ill turn the drums. If anyone could help point me in the right direction, thatd be great. These are the models. Ones a Yale, one is a Mitsubishi.
    BBC70A92-85EA-4CA7-BF79-D68A57B943BE.jpeg 63305AD2-E53A-4869-B2B5-7308390E218F.jpeg

Last edited:

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Not sure where your located, I have a neighbor that works in a shop that was on the NW side of Indy last I knew, a google search turned up some dealers.

I’m really just jumped in here to mention that forklift brakes are a whole different animal in my limited experience with some older Allis Chalmers. No fun at all, so warn your boss.

Biggredchev

Just some guy
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Pretty much Michigan.
    Not sure where your located, I have a neighbor that works in a shop that was on the NW side of Indy last I knew, a google search turned up some dealers.

I’m really just jumped in here to mention that forklift brakes are a whole different animal in my limited experience with some older Allis Chalmers. No fun at all, so warn your boss.
    Between Ft.Wayne and Goshen. My google search kicked up a couple sites that sell forklift parts but no real results. Ive pulled the Yale apart to adjust its brakes before and changing the shoes would be as simple as any other drum brake on a full float axle. The Mitsubishi could be a different story though.

BR8818

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 20, 2018
    Anderson
    I've worked on fork lifts before mostly fixing hoses. A couple of lifts needed actual parts (starter/radiator) and Napa on Corporation drive was able to get them for me.

Nazgul

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Near the big river.
    Worked forklifts for 38 years, seen them all. Any reputable local dealer can get parts for other brands. I would suggest Prolift Industrial Equipment, they are in Indy and have an extensive parts program.

Most forklift brake systems are straight forward. Will usually need to be run until brakes are hot then readjusted.

Feel free to PM me with questions if needed.

Don

Biggredchev

Just some guy
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Pretty much Michigan.
    McCallister on coliseum Blvd?
    That might work for the Mitsubishi. Ill have to call and see.
    Worked forklifts for 38 years, seen them all. Any reputable local dealer can get parts for other brands. I would suggest Prolift Industrial Equipment, they are in Indy and have an extensive parts program.

Most forklift brake systems are straight forward. Will usually need to be run until brakes are hot then readjusted.

Feel free to PM me with questions if needed.

Don
    Thanks! I appreciate it, you might just get that PM lol.

Top Bottom