• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AFA1CY

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    In that Field that is Green
    The DOE states that all imitation weapons are prohibited because they are regarded as harmful to the school community. The principal can evaluate if the weapon looks realistic before considering suspension.
    Get a life you bunch of panty wetter, wimp, libs....
    Next they will be saying that any history about war can't be taught because it might harm someone....

Old Syko

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Get a life you bunch of panty wetter, wimp, libs....
    Next they will be saying that any history about war can't be taught because it might harm someone....

They already twist the facts so bad that the kids are kept from the reality of what took place. God forbid they would ever be taught the truth.

Glock21

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    IL
    I don't think kids should even hear the word "gun." It should only be spoken as "the G-word." Just like "the N-word."

[I'd use purple, but I'm sure this the way things are going, so might as well get used to it.]

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    I just don't get this
    I'm not that old and my highschool had 'club' day once a month.
    We had a trap/skeet club , and nra smallbore rifle club and a bow hunting club.
    On the third tuesday of each month our school was loaded with shotguns 22 rifles and everykind of bow you can imagine and we had ammo/ arrows for them too.
    Not one person was shot or injured and we had a great time.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2008
    Granite Falls, NC
    I just don't get this
    On the third tuesday of each month our school was loaded with shotguns 22 rifles and everykind of bow you can imagine and we had ammo/ arrows for them too.

None of that matters. The powers that be have decided that guns are evil, and the best way to rid the world of them is to teach children that they will be punished if they even possess a facsimile of one.

Facts don't matter. Statistics don't matter. What they "feel" is best for the rest of us is what matters to them.

Things like this make me extremely angry, not just because of what happened, but because I know WHY it happened, and it damn sure wasn't because that child was causing a safety issue. Its yet another attack by the far left against firearm ownership and personal freedom. Schools seem to be their favorite battleground, which I suppose is appropriate because their rhetoric and ideals are only fit to impress children. :xmad:

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    None of that matters. The powers that be have decided that guns are evil, and the best way to rid the world of them is to teach children that they will be punished if they even possess a facsimile of one.

Facts don't matter. Statistics don't matter. What they "feel" is best for the rest of us is what matters to them.

Things like this make me extremely angry, not just because of what happened, but because I know WHY it happened, and it damn sure wasn't because that child was causing a safety issue. Its yet another attack by the far left against firearm ownership and personal freedom. Schools seem to be their favorite battleground, which I suppose is appropriate because their rhetoric and ideals are only fit to impress children. :xmad:

You are oh so correct. They (our kids) are being indocktrinated.

AFA1CY

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    In that Field that is Green
    I just don't get this
    Took JROTC in my HS. We had a rifle range in the basement under the classroom. Shot a lot of .22 at 50'. Also had M14s for drills and Springfield for color guard with blanks.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Gone awry?

No offense to OP, Pami, but this is PRECISELY what zero tolerance policies are supposed to do - to make children so fearful of weapons that they are loathe to use them, and to take common sense discretion out of the hands of the few school administrators left who HAVE any common sense. Surely no one is surprised by this ridiculous stunt? When they say 'zero tolerance,' not only do they mean it - but they hope that we, as taxpaying adults and sometimes parents who send children to school, do NOT realize that they absolutely mean it. Propaganda begins at an early age.

drgnrobo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    ft. wayne
    Inner city kids are prone to react adversely towards guns due to how they are brought up. I asked my wife how she would have handled it it she would have asked the student to put it away & not bring it to school(shes a teacher)Its a different matter if the head office gets involved. My son actually turned several opinions lately about the ownership of guns in a debate class at south side (so proud ) including the teacher who was anti gun at the begining of the debate but was swayed by his examples .Im a country boy at heart but I love the city life & taught my kids the difference between right & wrong .Its a freakin lego man ,gimme a break.

chraland51

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Camby Area
    When I was a kid in the 50s and growing up in a small town in northeastern Indiana, every summer we would see boys riding their bicycles with their .22 rifles across their handlebars. They were going to summer recreation classes to learn how to operate their firearms safely and to learn to shoot them straight. We are definitely missing something in today's society. Our educators seem to be trying to feminize the masculinity right out of the boys. This crap is as bad as the high school honor student who was suspended and then expelled for having a fingernail clipper with a file in the classroom. Sometimes zero tolerance might be a good thing. Most times it is just plain stupid. Quite often I long for the good old 50s.

Top Bottom