• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • armedindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    My Grandfather died last night, he was 94 years old. He fought in the Battle of the Bulge and was a father to eight. I havnt even tried to count how many grand children and great grandchildren he had. All I know is that he was one of the best men I've ever known and I am proud to call him family. He died at age 94 at home in his sleep. I know he helped make the world a better place and I am grateful that he passed peacefully.

:patriot:

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    It is a sad day that we lose such a fine individual. May you and your family find peace and take joy in the good he brought to the world.

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    God bless him for his service!! and I'm sorry for your loss! and the worlds loss! This country dies alittle more with every Vets passing! :patriot:

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    He's lucky he had a peaceful death in his bed at this age and didn't die like the ten of thousands of his comrades during this battle.
    You can be proud of him.
    I wish many more of those brave men could have lived until this age to die at home instead of dying in their twenties in a foreign land like most of them did.

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    My Sincerest Sympathies to you and your family. My 92 yr old WWII vet, Dad, will be moving in with us in a couple weeks. These men were cut from steel. The hard times they lived through and yet had such wonderful outlooks on life. My Dad was on Guam and Iwo Jima. He was getting ready to invade Japan's mainland when they dropped the bombs. Your Grandpa and my Dad were around the world from each other during WWII yet they both helped secure the freedoms we enjoy to this day.
    You have truly lost a Great Man.

GunSlinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 20, 2011
    Right here.
    I'm in his debt for his service. I look up to his example of how to lead your life, and I'm just a bit more empty that the world has lost another from the greatest generation.

My sincere heart fell condolences are with you and your family. Your Grandfather has earned his reward...:patriot:

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I am sorry for your loss sir. My Grandfather died in 1996 three days before my wedding (we had moved the wedding up so he could attend but it was not to be). Like your Grandfather he served in WW2 but in North Africa, Sicily, and Italy.

One thing that always has struck about these guys was their zest for life and how much they appreciated everything around them. When they came home they never forgot the one's who didn't, and it seemed to me that they appreciated life and its fragilty more than most.

Without sounding too religous, let us hope he is sharing tales in the afterlife with some of his buddies that never made it home and I hope his years after the War were peaceful..You can tell he was loved...

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    We've buried the "greatest generation" in my family. They're all going, one at a time. I can babble a lot, but no way I can express my appreciation for what they lived through, what they did for us. I wish we could show them that we deserved them. My utmost respect to your grandfather.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I am sad to hear this passing. My respect and admiration to those who served in the toughest of times and when they came home they led us by example.
    R.I.P. and God Bless you and yours.

Top Bottom