• ...and so much more!
  • Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I've gotten two letters in the past two weeks telling me that another stimulus check/DD payment has been sent out. There are no dates so I don't know if they are talking about the last one I got (in March) or a new one. I have been checking and do not have any direct deposits. Should I expect another one?

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Yeah, it's for the previous payments not a new one.

Remember when the media and the IRS criticized Trump for sending out similar letters with his signature on it, claiming he wanted credit for the payments and accusing him of politicizing the agency?

I won't hold my breath waiting for the same type of coverage for Biden doing it.

4651feeder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 21, 2016
    East of NWI
    I got one also and the first thought upon reading it was big deal, who cares...so it obviously wasn't effective in swaying my opinion regarding the current administration, granted I'm jaded.

I'll go one step further to say I don't believe many others who didn't vote for Joey are any more swayed.

So that begs the question, do his cheerleaders need this kind of supposed reinforcement to continue believing in him?

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Yeah, it's for the previous payments not a new one.

Remember when the media and the IRS criticized Trump for sending out similar letters with his signature on it, claiming he wanted credit for the payments and accusing him of politicizing the agency?

I won't hold my breath waiting for the same type of coverage for Biden doing it.
    Thought the same thing when I received the letter. Joe Biden at the bottom just like it came out of his personal account.

grillak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2021
    Indianapolis
    If you have kids, these are supposed to start in July.

i know a family that stands to get $2400 a month. that's more than a lot of people make working everyday. it can encourage some folks not to work...unless you were responsible and only had the number of children you could actually afford to support

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    i know a family that stands to get $2400 a month. that's more than a lot of people make working everyday. it can encourage some folks not to work...unless you were responsible and only had the number of children you could actually afford to support
    Sure hope that money tree doesn’t wither and die.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    These programs are keeping people at home on the couch playing Xbox.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    They are going to great lengths to get people attached to the Gov't teet.

The local Subway, Hardee's, and Dollar General were closed because they couldn't get people to show up to work. :dunno:
    These low pay jobs will be hard to fill when an untrained no skills douche bag makes union scale money drinking beer on the porch. This is by design and the weak minds are being bought off "REAL CHEAP" right now and we should all be very happy we stood around and let this happen and yes, we did.

jsx1043

Master
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan

We were just talking about this at work and I hadn't heard about it. I've been reading a bunch of articles trying to research it. From what I'm reading, it's only set to run through the 2021 tax year, so theoretically the payments would stop in January 2022. As should be expected, some are trying to make it permanent.

I've not been able to find anything yet about if it replaces, removes or otherwise alters your child tax credit on your taxes.

Sure hope that money tree doesn’t wither and die.

Money printer go "brrrr" and it ain't stopping...

They are going to great lengths to get people attached to the Gov't teet.

The local Subway, Hardee's, and Dollar General were closed because they couldn't get people to show up to work. :dunno:
    These low pay jobs will be hard to fill when an untrained no skills douche bag makes union scale money drinking beer on the porch. This is by design and the weak minds are being bought off "REAL CHEAP" right now and we should all be very happy we stood around and let this happen and yes, we did.

Spot on.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    If you have kids, these are supposed to start in July.

It's all funny money anyway, at this point.

Something like 2 tril in tax income vs 6 tril in government spending going on. What are we even paying taxes for? The debt will never be paid off, the budget will never be balanced.

As far as I'm concerned, the only potential way out is through such rabid consumerism it creates a chain reaction of economic growth that staves off a potential collapse. 'Cause we sure as hell aren't paying down the debt or balancing the budget. And that debt only starts mattering if we have a rough string of economic retractions.

Top Bottom