• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    It's a crap shoot whether my local Domino's will have a delivery driver working. At least one time I had to go pick up my pizza because they didn't. Another time I called they said that delivery times were running approximately 2 1/2 hours because they only had one driver working. This from a company whose whole business model was originally delivery. :nuts:
    Jimmy Johns told me an hour wait at lunchtime today. Normally the kid on the bike is rolling into the parking lot before I can hang up the phone. I had Girl Scout cookies for lunch instead.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    A few weeks ago, I saw a guy with a sign that said, "will work for food". He was standing on the sidewalk by a speedway that had a sign saying, "now hiring". For some reason, I didn't feel the need to give him any money.
    Those guys clean up. People just hand them money and food all day long.

Funny story. This just came up on my Facebook memories today from six years ago. The ex and I went to see a concert, and there was a guy with a sign that said "I'm just hongry" or some **** like that. In the 5-10 minutes that we stood there taking pictures with the marquee, nine people walked up to him and handed him either a five or a ten.

1620415796855.png

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Over the last 100+ years the long term average annual inflation rate is about 3.1% so 2.25% seems like an overly optimistic prediction.
    Over the past recent history, the rate is much lower. Jimmy Carter's double digit inflation, by itself, pretty much rose the average!

Reactions: Leo

grillak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2021
    Indianapolis
    A few weeks ago, I saw a guy with a sign that said, "will work for food". He was standing on the sidewalk by a speedway that had a sign saying, "now hiring". For some reason, I didn't feel the need to give him any money.
    i had a guy downtown tell beg me for money for food because he hadn't eaten in 3 days....he had a double cheeseburger in his hand

grillak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2021
    Indianapolis
    Those guys clean up. People just hand them money and food all day long.

Funny story. This just came up on my Facebook memories today from six years ago. The ex and I went to see a concert, and there was a guy with a sign that said "I'm just hongry" or some **** like that. In the 5-10 minutes that we stood there taking pictures with the marquee, nine people walked up to him and handed him either a five or a ten.

View attachment 138867
    i offered a guy wrapped in a blanket, sitting against a building a job. gave him an application. he balled it up and threw it at me. even called me a fat MF...i said i'm fat because i feed myself. i feed myself because i go to work.

i even had one tell me he "ain't working for the white man"...but you'll beg from a black man? he called me a fat MF too.

didn't hurt my feelings...i've been fat since i was six

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

"The letter from the U.S. senators doesn't specify how large are the payments they are seeking, but a separate effort from Democratic lawmakers in January pushed for $2,000 monthly checks until the pandemic ends."

I wonder when all this is going to hits us? When will the dollar become worthless worldwide? Like the Venezuelan Bolivar?
    $1 gets you 1 million Bolivars. I think it would be cheaper to burn Bolivars for winter than cut wood.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom