• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Grunt

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    The administration of Bathhouse Barry has decided to create a new military medal that ranks higher in precedence than the Bronze Star. To earn it, all one needs to do is fly a drone from the comfort of your base, probably Vandenberg AFB, CA, and do something important.

There are actually awards already in place that can recognize this like an achievement medal, commendation medal or a Bronze Star for Service.

If the drone folks wear this medal, they'll be painting themselves as drone pilots,and I'm sure the bad guys will take note and possibly retaliate; which is why I believe Bathhouse Barry is authorizing this.

The link: New medal for drone pilots outranks Bronze Star - Navy News | News from Afghanistan & Iraq - Navy Times

021313-dist-warfare-medal-800.JPG

Designer99

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    Indianapolis
    The administration of Bathhouse Barry has decided to create a new military medal that ranks higher in precedence than the Bronze Star.

The article says that the Pentagon created this medal, not the President. No mention of Obama anywhere.

I think you need to re-write your title to say: "Another slap in the face to the Military...by the Military."

Unless you are saying that the Pentagon is a bunch of libs?

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    How can this be? Any other circumstances under which a medal is awarded requires the person to whom it is awarded to have been in harm's way. Under no circumstances connected with the issue of the medal is a drone pilot in any danger whatsoever unless there is a second coming of Major Hasan.

easy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    SEOK
    "a laurel wreath that circles a globe" - reminiscant of Soviet style medals and decorations..

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    So someone who is sitting thousands of miles away from any actual danger could potentially earn a medal that outranks one earned by someone who probably risked immediate death in some fashion? That seems really silly to me. Drone pilots have an extremely important job and make sacrifices too, but I don't think they display any heroism when they complete a mission. Worst case scenario for them is their video game crashes into a mountain.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    Indianapolis
    This is outrageous! A medal for sitting on your backside that is supposedly higher that the Bronze Star. The next thing you know, they will be handing Nobel Prizes for doing absolutely......... Oh wait, nevermind.

Grunt

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    The article says that the Pentagon created this medal, not the President. No mention of Obama anywhere.

I think you need to re-write your title to say: "Another slap in the face to the Military...by the Military."

Unless you are saying that the Pentagon is a bunch of libs?

Ahh, but Bathhouse Barry is the Commander in Chief and is supposed to be in charge of things.

You do have a good point about the military slapping the military in the face. Sadly, the military has been heavily infiltrated by libs, especially at the senior levels.

The military is sworn to protect and defend the constitution, yet they do not do so.

Vince49

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Indy urban west.
    Another thought.

Maybe I should petition to get my Bronze Star upgraded? I was a drone pilot, the major difference was I was sitting in the drone! Strapped in the damned thing when it was shot down too! :cool:

Warwagon11VinceHelmer1970.jpg

Warwagon11VinceHelmeroverChiLang1970-1.jpg

Last edited:

Grunt

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    So someone who is sitting thousands of miles away from any actual danger could potentially earn a medal that outranks one earned by someone who probably risked immediate death in some fashion? That seems really silly to me. Drone pilots have an extremely important job and make sacrifices too, but I don't think they display any heroism when they complete a mission. Worst case scenario for them is their video game crashes into a mountain.

In the 1st Persian Gulf War, REMFs (Rear Echelon Mother [you decide what word is appropriate for the F]) were awarded the Bronze Star for Service while never leaving the States. They can do the same thing here. Each service has Achievement, Commendation and Service medals that could awarded to recognize the individual.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    IIRC, you don't have to be in harms way for any medal, but it's usually the case for a bronze star and above. I still do not see why the Pentagon needs to create a new medal, though.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    I was never in the military, so maybe I should shut up, but flying a ****ing drone earns one a decoration? Are they ****ing serious?

Someone basically plays Microsoft Flight Simulator and wins a decoration?

People were shot at for real and yet some xbox jockey sitting at McDill wins a decoration for his efforts?

Next people will be getting promoted for winning a best of seven series of PacMan!!!

p.s. If I have insulted anyone, come find me on your Wii!

RedThunder

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    Indy-North
    Wow. Honestly, the sad thing is that anyone "awarded" this medal would be embarrassed to receive it. Also, superiors would be reluctant to give one, unless it was some lib ladder climbing REMF.

Top Bottom