• ...and so much more!
  • ISP 5353

Master
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 21, 2009
    Putnam County
    I am sorry for him and his family, but when are folks going to learn. These stories happen every year. I know a lot of very dedicated hunters, who still never use a harness. I dread they day I get a call from one of their wives and say that they are not back yet and they don't answer their cell. Will you go look for him. Accidents happen, but just take precautions.

Black_Wolf

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Northwest Ind
    Yeah, he survived this time.

The next guy may not.

I see a commercial daily of a guy who didn't and now his wife and little girl are left to pick up the pieces.

This stuff angers me.

WEAR YOUR GOD DAMNED HARNESSES PEOPLE! IF NOT FOR YOURSELF THEN FOR YOUR FAMILY!

It's not worth dying for!

Rant off.

Terry4570

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    N.A. IN.
    Just heard about this guy in KY on the radio,www. radio84.com ky hunter.This guy is one lucky dude,impailed by a limb on the ground!I always wear safety belt or harness if I am up a tree,have known people who did not and one who tied a rope around his waist,that would be a bad way to die.There is no reason to have these kind of accidents to happen and not really a accident,kind of like running accross busy road with looking,i forgot have saw that too.Be safe fellow hunter's:yesway:

nate1865

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 22, 2010
    Indiana
    I don't mind a good nap while hunting, but when I do - I choose ground blinds.

"Stay [STRIKE]thirsty [/STRIKE] safe my friends."

Willie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Warrick County
    Absolutely. While I do recommend a full harness, anything is better than nothing.

Just do SOMETHING. Heck, tie a rope to your belt.

Noooo.... While a rope to your belt "might" keep you from falling if you do you could be in big trouble. That arrangement can flip you upside down (most of us are top heavy) and make it extremely difficult to right yourself. You will pass out in no time hanging upside down.

Do it right - get a FULL body harness..

abrumlev

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    NE Indy
    Family friend had this happen 8-10 years ago. Paraplegic and died from complications leaving behind 4 kids under the age of 14. Don't be stupid.

geno2k

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2011
    This happened to ME. I fell off the top of my 20' ladder stick while situating my hang on stand. I had it hooked to the tree and was trying to position it properly. Had my knee hooked over the top of the stick and just slipped off. Tried to grab the stand and could not hold on. Also tried to grab small branch (less than a quarter inch), just lacerated the base of my thumb to the point that i could see the bone. Hit the ground butt first and gave myself a compression fracture in a thoracic vertabra. I was out of action for six weeks on that deal. Full recovery took more than a year. I bought a hss vest, hss tree to ground fall arrest rope, and climbing strap. I will not let that happen again.

hrdwarhax

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2011
    Marion Co. Castleton
    just like to donate my :twocents:

i remember about 8 years ago. a guy from my parish fll from a tree wile hunting. he is still paralized. he has very litle arm function and almost no finger movement. he can still talk very well wich suprised me, he had a wife and 2 kids i think. i cant remember his name now tho

Top Bottom