• ...and so much more!
  • dekeshooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    Bunker Hill
    Nice. Did you have to have it sent to a FFL in Indiana? Being out of state
    I recently purchased a Marlin 22 rifle in Illinois and it was as simple as buying a firearm in Indiana. I filled out the 4473, they called in the background check, when I cleared I paid and then walked out with the gun. The locals in the shop all commented how it was easier for a non-resident to purchase a gun than it was for them.

Hulberr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2021
    Angola
    I got two on this visit to Tennessee and in both shops they commented on how quickly the NICS approval came back.

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2009
    SE Indy
    Only problem is I get delayed everytime.
    I always get the approval in a couple days but that would be a problem out of state. Its frustrating as hell knowing your squeaky clean but for whatever reason its always delayed.

Hulberr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2021
    Angola
    I always get the approval in a couple days but that would be a problem out of state. Its frustrating as hell knowing your squeaky clean but for whatever reason its always delayed.
    Do you put your SSN on the 4473? If not, there may be someone with a very similar or in my case the same name who may NOT be squeaky clean. I always put my SSN on the 4473 to avoid confusion and have never been delayed.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    Vacationing in Tennessee is always fun, especially when you find a 1957 Marlin 39A to bring home.
    This is my 14th Marlin rim-fire and 2nd 39A.
    View attachment 276589
    Dang man!! Save some for the rest of us!!.....beautiful gun. My dad bought a 39 when he was right out of high school (1958) he left it to my brother, sadly it probably won't get shot much, if I had gotten it, it would be loved , and shot, and hugged, and I'd put bows in it's hair......sorry, too much?

Aszerigan

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    336   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    Get a UPIN. I have an FFL, SOT and an FEL and I get delayed whenever I buy a firearm. Got a UPIN and it's an almost instant proceed every time. They only take about a month to get.

Aszerigan

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    336   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    Do you put your SSN on the 4473? If not, there may be someone with a very similar or in my case the same name who may NOT be squeaky clean. I always put my SSN on the 4473 to avoid confusion and have never been delayed.
    Before I got my UPIN, even putting my social on a form resulted in a delay. I'd like to meet my doppelgänger namesake some day, I'll punch him in the face for being a moron.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    Before I got my UPIN, even putting my social on a form resulted in a delay. I'd like to meet my doppelgänger namesake some day, I'll punch him in the face for being a moron.
    My ID got stolen by a creep, who committed another felony using my name, had to get my record expunged, and a UPIN.......

Dinny

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 27, 2015
    Trafalgar
    I never use my SSN and have been delayed exactly one time in January of 2021. Go figure, there was a mad rush on guns that month.

Top Bottom