Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Quoted in entirety:

By Mike Leonard331-4368 | mleonard@heraldt.com
    November 23, 2008

In all honesty, the origins of this column today were based in humor.

I happened upon a Web site identifying “anti-gun” organizations and found it downright amusing that the list was so long and so inclusive — literally from the AARP and AFL-CIO to World Spiritual Assembly Inc. and YWCA of the U.S.A. — that I laughed out loud.

If you believe that most of the civilized world is against you, I guess you have a reason to feel paranoid.

There was much more on the site, which asks readers not to support, based on their “anti-gun” philosophies, hundreds of celebrities and public figures ranging from Maya Angelou and Bob Barker to former President Jimmy Carter and former surgeon general C. Everett Koop.

I found all of this humorous until I became aware that there is a virulent gun-nut campaign going on right now, targeting President-elect Barack Obama, and that frightens me. With our nation’s shameful history of political and racial assassinations, the last thing we need in this proud moment in history is a hate campaign against the president-elect.

A bit of clarification is on order here. I do not consider gun owners, gun collectors or hunters to be gun nuts. In fact, I’m really hoping that deer hunters have a great hunting season, because deer overpopulation is threatening our wildlife habitats, our forests and the safety of drivers on our roads and highways.

In fact, while driving to work the other day, I stopped at the intersection of Lincoln and Grimes — smack dab in the middle of Bloomington — and found myself five feet from a doe, which ambled off down Grimes. Until we reintroduce bears and wolves into the local environment, hunters are the only predators that can keep the deer population in check.

Gun nuts are the freaks who claim that Obama and Nancy Pelosi and Walter Cronkite are trying to take your guns away.

Gun nuts are the kind of people Fran Quigley encountered at a visit to a gun show on the Indiana State Fairgrounds in late October.

Quigley, the operations director for the Indiana University-Kenya Partnership, went to the show as a curious citizen. “I certainly expected to see the weapons and I knew that there would be automatic weapons designed basically to shoot people,” the Indianapolis resident said by phone last week. “What I didn’t expect was hearing some murderously racist statements or hateful propaganda comparing President-elect Obama to a terrorist.”

Quigley said he overheard an exhibitor at the gun show say the following: “God help us if McCain doesn’t win. I live in South Bend, which is 35 percent black. That’s what you call a target-rich environment.”

He said he found the experience “chilling.” There are several other words I might add.

And in fairness, the former Indiana ACLU director said there were lots of people at the gun show who are simply firearms enthusiasts who privately deplore the Nazi paraphernalia and hate-mongers who show up at these gun shows. But there is little question that the election of the first black president in U.S. history has energized the racists and hate groups.

The Christian Science Monitor recently reported that Obama’s election has triggered more than 200 hate-related incidents, according to the Southern Poverty Law Center, and talk in modern Confederate circles of secession from the U.S.

The League of the South, a secessionist group, says its Web hits increased from 50,000 a month to 300,000 in the two weeks after the Nov. 4 election, the Monitor reported.

“The vitriol is flailing out shotgun style,” California State researcher Brian Levin told the Monitor. “They recognize Obama as a tipping point, the perfect storm in the narrative of the hate world — the apocalypse that they’ve been moaning about has come true.”

Amid the glee over Obama’s election and the hope that America has taken a huge step toward regaining the respect and admiration in the world that it, based on history, deserves, these developments should give us all pause and cause to be vigilant against the extremists from within.

I no longer find humor in the paranoid rants of the gun nuts, who conveniently ignore the fact that the Supreme Court has made it unconstitutional and impossible for Obama or anyone else to take away people’s guns. And I’ve never discounted the awful evil of racism, even if I did, for a couple of weeks, allow myself to believe that we’ve progressed further as a nation and a people than we apparently have.

mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    You know, if you get on the liberalforum.org site you will find the same amount (or more) ignorance, biase, racism, foul mouthed people you could meet in any other forum. 'Stupid' is universal. Period.

I think what really drives these people to their view is that they are miserable and don't feel that anyone anywhere should believe, feel or act upon anything; because they don't.

Also, they are cowards. They have lived life in a shelter, refusing to accept life and reality for what it is.

I think what urks me is that these ninnies/pantywastes seem to get a column, write with technical expertise and use words to make them seem informed, when in all actuality they have nothing to add to the arguement themselves unless their professor is present to give them ammunition.

Notice Fran (woman?) Quigley is quoted: the 'name drop' is a tool to use a familiar and 'informed' name so the writer seems credible.

UNprofessionalism is the newly revived rave. It started with Karl Marx, who couldn't/wouldn't hold down a job b/c it 'oppressed' him. He man literally was a worthless journalist (go figure, just like today) who wrote propaganda against the Prussian government. He went to trial twice for 'starting rebellion' and was set free.

Using the media, as I just demonstrated, is no new thing. Mindless anti-normal/ anti-society bigots have used media for centuries to promote their views. The British tried it during the Revolutionary War, contemporary media today uses it to slam Pres. Bush on his supposed horrors and atrocities. If Obama was in office, they would be writing hate column on 'his' anti-terrorist wars. (had he been doing the same as Bush the last 8 years)

What is frustrating to us is that America is almost to the state of mindlessness; almost like drones going about waiting for the next TV command and media command to tell them what to believe, think and feel. This is alarming to us as we watch the influence of 'normality' seem so small now, and the paramount influence of media controlled by key liberal players ever enlargening.

Like Hitler used propaganda and printings to 'warn' of action if obedience is not seen (surrendering arms, turning others in ); this foolishness will go unchecked until something takes place, somewhere...

'Nothing new under the sun...'

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    ......I think what really drives these people to their view is that they are miserable and don't feel that anyone anywhere should believe, feel or act upon anything; because they don't.

Also, they are cowards. They have lived life in a shelter, refusing to accept life and reality for what it is.......

Have a look at the following links for some insight.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/break_room/5879-the_anti-gun_male.html#post72761

Also

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...d_men_by_a_blogger_named_breda.html#post77375

I think both of these articles are exceptionally relevant to the discussion as to "why" some people are so driven to be Anti-Gun and vocal about it.

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    Holy ****. I'm a crazy, right-winged, gun nut, racist secessionist. Whoda thunk it? That was one of the worst things I've ever read man. Might need to write a letter to the editor, just to make me feel better though, no way it's gonna get published...

mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    Mike Leonard is an anti-gun liberal slimeball from way back. He does at least one or two slams at gun owners every year. He's despicable.

rjwin1967

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Anyone who thinks or believes they can make us think that Obama will not try and pass a new AWB is crazy. The supreme court only decided that D.C.'s gun ban was unconstitutional by one vote. He says he won't take away guns, but what he really means is that he won't take away ALL of our guns...yet. He wants to do it a little bit at a time, one by one. What bothers me the most is not so much that he wants to disarm this nation, but why? What end purpose will be served by an unarmed public? One need only look back as far as WWII to see the reason. This president, I hate calling him that, is the biggest threat to freedom this country has ever faced. He wants to disarm the people and then form a civilian defense force as well funded and as well armed as the military. This is exactly how Hitler came to power. His party demonized the Jews and communists and used them as a threat to organize against. The democrats portrayed President Bush as a villain to be opposed and connected McCain to him. Hitler came to power in tough economic times. So has Obama. Hitler's SA, a paramilitary civlian force once numbered almost 3 million and was a very persuasive tool in keeping dissention to a minimum. Sounds just like Obama's civilian defense force. The new SS. We need to more vigilant than ever. The wrong set of circumstances, political and financial, could throw this country into complete turmoil. This is what Obama wants. His managers want him to appear as a savior so they can gain complete control. They are using their well groomed image of him to accomplish that. I don't know if Rahm Emanuel is more like Goebbels or Himmler.

96harley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    Martinsville
    Until we reintroduce bears and wolves into the local environment, hunters are the only predators that can keep the deer population in check. And if this were to ever happen I guess we will then have had our guns taken away. Maybe after that we are to run game down on foot and choke it to death. Now that's humane.

This guy speaks with forked tongue. On one hand he, like the other liberals who bought into the idea of situational ethics; which by the way is dripping from his quivering lips, finds it quiet okay to lie and mislead. On one hand he says he wishes the dear hunters luck. He then reveals the wrap up to to battle plan as quoted at the begining of this post. Here's a guy who'd probably role a whale over a daycare to save it while not giving thought to the little guys inside the daycare.

Yes, it is true that his type and the organziations mentioned are a violent bunch. I had a run in with them in 2002. Their attacks were relentless.

The name calling, foul language, and open display of hate put me in fear and I'm a big guy. Then they have the gaul to dare say anything about name calling if we use a descriptive term that honesly fits their nature. Well here goes. They are a bunch of hypocritical jackals who run in packs taking on the defenseless. Let us not forget Breta's blog per W9ZEB's post.

Question Breta.
    Would a gerbal have been treated so kindly?:patriot: Wooeee....tunnel rat.

Last edited:

10ring

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Classified
    His managers want him to appear as a savior so they can gain complete control. They are using their well groomed image of him to accomplish that. I don't know if Rahm Emanuel is more like Goebbels or Himmler.

Rahm Emanuel, in his own words says it all...

"You never want a serious crisis to go to waste. And what I mean by that is an opportunity to do things you think you could not do before."

Go here and you can hear this and more from his own mouth:

Rahm Emanuel: Don’t Waste A ‘Serious Crisis’ All The News That Fits

Top Bottom