• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    ^^^^^ This!! How does a child sort this out? How does a child handle the mocking from other children because his/her parents are the same gender? In a way this hits home. My parents divorced when I was 10. Divorce was somewhat rare in those days and I was very self conscious that I did not have a father, especially when other kids did things with their father.

ashby koss

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Connersville
    How "happy" do you think your son would be having 2 fathers, or mothers? No one talks of the childrens welfare that come from these clusterf*@k "marriages". I could care less what two consenting adults want, or want to do behind closed doors. But todays children are screwed up enough without having to explain to their friends why their mother married her dog. It seems the more abnormal things become in our society, the more people think it should become a "right".

You seem to be implying that same-sex marriage would be the same as a woman marrying a dog.... Are we talking about the same thing? You also seem to be under the impression that marriage is a right. I am simply talking about equal rights, as in insurance, health, legal, etc. These things are limited to opposite sex marriages since the state has poked its finger into the pie as it were. Thus, marriage of same-sex partners needs to be allowed to have equality and the same rights for all.

As for the children, I've seen far too many children raised by family members while the actual mom continues on her drug binges, and broken marriages that have scared people through adulthood in all of their relationships because of how the divorce went. None of these "Screwed up" marriages or situations had anything to do with same-sex marriages etc, but bad parents to start with.

There are far too many children that need good homes in the adoption system. Any child would be perfectly fine being raised by 2 loving adults. Regardless of sexual preference.

By your rational of abnormality over time turning to a "right", you are missing the boat in that an abnormality is "something out of the normal". If it becomes more common it is therefore not "out of normal". Once again leading back to the idea that you missed the point, were not talking about your beliefs and how you think it will effect children, but the fact that same-sex couples should have the same rights as every other citizen in America.

ashby koss

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Connersville
    ^^^^^ This!! How does a child sort this out? How does a child handle the mocking from other children because his/her parents are the same gender? In a way this hits home. My parents divorced when I was 10. Divorce was somewhat rare in those days and I was very self conscious that I did not have a father, especially when other kids did things with their father.

Children need all the support they can get. Perhaps the bad parenting that is teaching their children to bully those with differences are the problem.

As for self contiousness, what about the adopted child (same sex marriage or opposite sex marriage) that has to do genetic and biological work in school (couple times throughout) that is very aware of his non-biological parents?

ashby koss

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Connersville

billt

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2010
    Glendale, Arizona
    I'll use myself as an example. My parents divorced in 1963 when I turned 11 years old. I was an only child and my father ran out on us and left my mother for another woman. My mom and I moved to another town, and I started 6th grade in a large Chicago suburban public school. There were 2, 6th grade classes with approx. 35 kids in each. I was the only kid in both classes who came from a broken home. I had kids coming up to me asking me, "What do you mean your mom and dad are "divorced". They didn't have a clue. Many treated me as an outcast. It wasn't easy, regardless of how many times my mother tried to explain to me it wasn't....... "out of the ordinary". It was to me.

Now fast forward to today with all of these homosexual "marriages" injecting children into the mess. All it accomplishes is to put undo stress on a child's already complex upbringing. Again, I could care less what 2 consenting homosexuals want, or do. But leave children out of it. It accomplishes nothing except to gratify a homosexual couples sense of satisfaction, and or "completeness". No one should be forced to accept something because of what someone else wants. Kids today need normality, among a multitude of other things. It's stupid to add to the mix yet greater difficulty, for someone else's selfishness, and need to feel "complete". Children need 2 parents. Not 2 parents from the same sex. It's plain stupid.

ashby koss

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Connersville
    I'll use myself as an example. My parents divorced in 1963 when I turned 11 years old. I was an only child and my father ran out on us and left my mother for another woman. My mom and I moved to another town, and I started 6th grade in a large Chicago suburban public school. There were 2, 6th grade classes with approx. 35 kids in each. I was the only kid in both classes who came from a broken home. I had kids coming up to me asking me, "What do you mean your mom and dad are "divorced". They didn't have a clue. Many treated me as an outcast. It wasn't easy, regardless of how many times my mother tried to explain to me it wasn't....... "out of the ordinary". It was to me.

Now fast forward to today with all of these homosexual "marriages" injecting children into the mess. All it accomplishes is to put undo stress on a child's already complex upbringing. Again, I could care less what 2 consenting homosexuals want, or do. But leave children out of it. It accomplishes nothing except to gratify a homosexual couples sense of satisfaction, and or "completeness". No one should be forced to accept something because of what someone else wants. Kids today need normality, among a multitude of other things. It's stupid to add to the mix yet greater difficulty, for someone else's selfishness, and need to feel "complete". Children need 2 parents. Not 2 parents from the same sex. It's plain stupid.

So your in agreement then that same-sex marriages should be allowed? Or are you cherry picking like the anti-gunners?

As for Un-due stress on children as I mentioned before this has to do with bad parenting more than anything else. And children are not a certain thing with any married couple same-sex or opposite sex. There are some couples that can't have children for a number of reasons, should they be forced to adopt? because after all "it's for the children"

As for "its plain stupid", your right restricting the rights of any people based on other peoples beliefs is stupid.

billt

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2010
    Glendale, Arizona
    As for "its plain stupid", your right restricting the rights of any people based on other peoples beliefs is stupid.

I'm not "restricting" anything. It's my belief a minor child has the "right" to be raised in a normal, heterosexual household. Where he or she is the product from a normal heterosexual, reproductive marriage between a man and a woman. Not being placed without choice into a home consisting of 2 homosexuals looking for self gratification, so they can be, "just like everyone else", when in fact they're not. They are trying to live a life that under normal conditions, cannot be afforded to them because of their sexual preference. Too bad. Then live with those consequences. Don't try to make a "relationship" into something it could biologically never be on it's own. That's all this amounts to. The problem is the child has to pay the price, regardless if he or she wants it or not. For someone who claims to care so much about "rights", you sure like turning a blind eye to this, or else try to salt it over with bull:poop:.

ashby koss

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Connersville
    I think we are going after 2 things there.

I'm talking about rights given to same-sex marriages etc.

You are talking same-sex marriages ability to adopt.

They are not necessarily mutually exclusive, While i believe that both should be perfectly legal in sense of the word. The studies have proved that there is no problem with same-sex marriages raising children. If factual data is "salting over with bull****" then I would hate to think what your trying to do with using beliefs to justify...

So are you against same-sex adoptions? or are you against same-sex marriage? or both?

ashby koss

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Connersville
    And there are "studies" that "prove" 75% of Americans want stricter gun control. Just ask Sarah Brady. She'll show them to you. :rolleyes:

So your using Sarah Brady, and her using studies to restrict our rights granted to all American citizens, to debunk studies on same-sex marriages so that you can use beliefs to restrict rights given to all American citizens?

NOW THAT'S LOGIC!

You never did mention if you are against Same -Sex marriage, same-sex adoption, or both....

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Out of curiosity, how do you differentiate between the concept of contract law and that of state involvement in an institution such as marriage?

In contract law, both parties agree before they sign and can include any terms and clauses they both deem reasonable. Marriage is a one size fits all, assuming no prenuptial, and other actors other than the involved parties have a say in the rules.

billt

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2010
    Glendale, Arizona
    So your using Sarah Brady, and her using studies to restrict our rights granted to all American citizens, to debunk studies on same-sex marriages so that you can use beliefs to restrict rights given to all American citizens?

No, stop reaching for what isn't there. I'm saying Sarah Brady is as full of :poop: with her "studies", as the homos are with theirs. And you cannot prove otherwise. You're just siding with them because they fit your narrative.

You never did mention if you are against Same -Sex marriage, same-sex adoption, or both....

If they feel they require a contract in order to properly lick each others crotch, or slam each other in their dirt chutes, I could care less. Leave kids out of it, in ANY way, shape, or form....Period. They have zero business deciding the way heterosexual kids should live anymore than we do them.

ashby koss

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Connersville
    No, stop reaching for what isn't there. I'm saying Sarah Brady is as full of :poop: with her "studies", as the homos are with theirs. And you cannot prove otherwise. You're just siding with them because they fit your narrative.

If they feel they require a contract in order to properly lick each others crotch, or slam each other in their dirt chutes, I could care less. Leave kids out of it, in ANY way, shape, or form....Period. They have zero business deciding the way heterosexual kids should live anymore than we do them.

Well reducing your arguments to generalizations and descriptions of sexual acts really brings your argument to a high point.

As for reaching, I'm not reaching. Using anyone beliefs to restrict another person rights given to all American citizens is not right. Your free to believe what you want, so am I.

As for the children, I could by this thread assume things that may or may not be true, but would seriously make me doubt your ability yourself to raise a child that is not a bully or broken in a civilized way.

By the rationale of a childs rights, are these taken into account when a parent or both are teaching them the wrong things? If a parental unit is taken and seen as loving and capable, why would it matter if they are 2 of the same sex? because they would possibly learn things that are not in accordance with your beliefs?

As for the "contract to..." I'm talking about rights. Not a contract to legalize their sexual acts. Without being legally labelled a married couple there are benefits that they cannot have, benefits that are given to all American Citizens.

"They have zero business deciding the way heterosexual kids,..." so are we now going to separate the Heterosexual children from the homosexual children?

Last edited:

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound

Your problem was you cared about what other people who sought to socially ostracize you thought.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    There is a difference in men and women!!! A child needs the nurturing of both. If you question that, let's take a different approach and look at communities where fathers are a rarity. The child with the single mother definitely suffers. Surely a child growing up with same sex parents is going to have challenges others don't.

ashby koss

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Connersville
    There is a difference in men and women!!! A child needs the nurturing of both. If you question that, let's take a different approach and look at communities where fathers are a rarity. The child with the single mother definitely suffers. Surely a child growing up with same sex parents is going to have challenges others don't.

Could not the same idea be presented for nutrition and genetic coding in adopted children? Adopted children go through a lot of feeling left out. I'm adopted and have a large extended family. I had to deal and still do with the fact that I look nothing like any of them. I'm not disagreeing in that having one of each is important, but parents are not a full equation. There needs to be a support network. Grandparents, aunts, etc..

billt

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2010
    Glendale, Arizona
    There is a difference in men and women!!! A child needs the nurturing of both. If you question that, let's take a different approach and look at communities where fathers are a rarity.

Over 75% of black babies are born out of wedlock in this country. We see the results of that statistic in every black neighborhood and inner city in this country. Now instead add 2 homosexual mothers with no father, and people think the results are going to be staggeringly successful? Give me a break.

Top Bottom