• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • grasshopperlegs

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    Cartersburg.
    It sounds like a you have a some dirt in the vent hole in the oil tank. It can be in front of the saw near the muffler or even near the bar oiler hole. I worked for a Sthil dealer and what I would do is clean the oil tank real good. ( When you put oil in the tank make sure there is no saw dust on the rim of the hole or it will go in the oil tank.) So after you clean the whole tank out then put a little air pressure in the tank by maybe using a rag to get it somewhat air tight. This worked for me many times. Hope that helped.

rich8483

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Crown Point - Lake County
    It sounds like a you have a some dirt in the vent hole in the oil tank. It can be in front of the saw near the muffler or even near the bar oiler hole. I worked for a Sthil dealer and what I would do is clean the oil tank real good. ( When you put oil in the tank make sure there is no saw dust on the rim of the hole or it will go in the oil tank.) So after you clean the whole tank out then put a little air pressure in the tank by maybe using a rag to get it somewhat air tight. This worked for me many times. Hope that helped.

plus one to this, always clean the dirt away from the fill caps before opening. especially fuel side. though fuel filters and oil filters are cheap and not necessarily difficult to change if you have coordination, it can leave you stranded if you dont have a spare and they or the vent gets blocked up.

Top Bottom