• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Glock Lover

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    muncie
    I will be carrying a Kahr CW 9 in an ankle holster.
    I was wondering if anyone out there can offer advice when it comes to ankle carry. This is the way I will be carrying a back-up gun.
    The two holsters I am currently looking at are the
    galco ankle glove
    Galco Ankle Glove Holster
    Galco ankle band
    Galco Cop Ankle Band Holster

Not sure if the leather or elastic type would be more comfortable for all day carry. Or if you have other brands. Thanks for the help.

Last edited:

Ri22o

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2008
    Speedway
    I have not carried with an ankle holster, but looking at the design of the two, it looks like the glove might be the better choice. It has the extra stabilizer that goes above your calf, and the holster is fitted for the gun.

You have to remember that you want it to stay put in the event that you have to run.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I have used the Alessi for the M638 I used to carry there.

Whatever design you use, make sure that the weapon is retained. Run a bit and then do a front roll (with a blue gun first please).

Ri22o

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2008
    Speedway
    On a side note, does anyone have an ankle mag pouch that they would recommend? I don't need one immediately, but it would be nice to have in case I have to carry extra mags, concealed, on short notice.

Dogman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Hamilton County
    You have to remember that you want it to stay put in the event that you have to run.
    :+1:

Glock Lover, I used a ankle holster for a while for a J frame backup until I was chasing a bg one night from a business break in and felt the holster come loose and slide down my lower leg. If you do get a ankle holster practice, practice, practice getting to it in a hurry, you'll be surprised with how long it takes when you have 25 other things to think about at the same time.:twocents:

Last edited:

Ri22o

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2008
    Speedway
    :+1:

Glock Lover, I used a ankle holster for a while for a J frame backup until I was chasing a bg one night from a business break in and felt the holster come loose and slide down my lower leg. If you do get a ankle holster practice, practice, practice getting to it in a hurry, you'll be surprised with how long it takes when you have 25 other things to think about at the same time.:twocents:
    I saw a good video on YouTube about drawing from different holsters. In my unprofessional opinion, I think it was rather educational. I'll see if I can find it.

obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute
    ankle carry isn't for everyone. back in the day, i carried a mouse gun in an ankle as bug. now days, with my usual bug choice, footwear choice and my stout manly ankles, i find an ankle holster uncomfortable. and i don't carry a .25 anymore.

Glock Lover

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    muncie
    Realizing that ankle carry can be an annoying way to carry a BUG I looked into other ways to carry. The only one that seemed to be an option for on duty BUG carry was a body armor holster.
    Uncle Mikes Body Armor Holster

A lot of cops carry BUG's this way. It's very concealable and comfortable from what I can tell. But not sure how tactical it is compared to the ankle carry. Thoughts?

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    That concealment shirt looks like it would a great job concealing. Anyone ever use one of these shirts?

I have. It's not too bad, but it's not for a quick-draw by any stretch of the imagination. One word of advice: find one with a v-neck. Do NOT buy one with the standard collar. I've seen them, but I don't know who makes them.

I quit using mine when I found more comfortable ways to carry IWB.

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    I bet it could be a tough draw depending on what you're wearing over it. I just have a hard time concealing well. I'm too fat. My wife always points out when I carry/

Top Bottom