• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Spike_351

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Scott County
    I don't understand the logic in limiting ammo sales, what about people who reload regularly? Holmes only had 6k rounds, from my understanding most reloaders and avid shooters burn through more than that in a month.

Tydeeh22

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    Indiana
    I don't understand the logic in limiting ammo sales, what about people who reload regularly? Holmes only had 6k rounds, from my understanding most reloaders and avid shooters burn through more than that in a month.

i may not shoot that much a month. but ill never tell is i had say.. double or triple that.. let alone the materials to reload a few times that. :whistle:

Justin Case

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2012
    Brown County

Colorado Movie Theater Shooting: Suspect Bought 4 Guns, 6,000 Rounds of Ammunition in Past 60 Days - ABC News

This ABC News story makes it sound like buying 6,000 rounds and 4 guns in 90 days is a crime. I really never thought of myself as a criminal. :dunno:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    "Representative Carolyn McCarthy, aims to restrict the ability of Americans to buy unlimited quantities of ammunition over the Internet, or by mail order, anonymously." - Okay, so how does one do this (without going to pretty extraordinary efforts)? When I order ammo online, I'm generally using a credit card, which requires that I provide my name and billing address in addition to my credit card number, all subject to verification by the seller.

Continued from article:

"It requires anyone selling ammunition to be a licensed dealer. - Already a requirement, isn't it? It requires ammunition buyers who are not licensed dealers to present photo identification at the time of purchase, effectively banning the online or mail order purchase of ammo by regular civilians. - What, they've never heard of scanning a driver's license?

It requires licensed ammunition dealers to maintain records of the sale of ammunition. - Pretty sure they do this, although to what level of detail I don't know.

It requires licensed ammunition dealers to report the sale of more than 1,000 rounds of ammunition to an unlicensed person within any five consecutive business days." - This I do disagree with (especially think of "group buys" to save on shipping charges).

Bottom line - we don't need MORE gun/ammo laws! Just enforce the ones already in existence! Oh, and re-open all the mental hospitals that were closed in the 80's to get the wackos off the streets.

Top Bottom