• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • UltraRick

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Georgetown
    I love it that he did not just roll over and let the BG win. I was hoping the story would end with the BG dying of high velocity lead poisoning

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    Great story from Minnesota. A 91 year old WWII veteran badass fights off an attacker. No wonder they call those guys "The Greatest Generation". If you have time, read thru the comments at the end of the article.

An Elderly Couple’s Defiant Stand Against Armed Robber « CBS Minnesota

Most of the comments are great. I like the one about the son who would defend himself until his magazine was empty, and then would fix bayonet and charge, while the daughter would provide suppressive fire.

Or the one who wished Wally's .45 had been nearby. Old guys ALWAYS have a .45.

Icarry2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Franklin County, VA
    +1 for the old guy not rolling over...

-1 for the police comment..

Police are who you call to clean up the mess and file the papers.. they don't stop crime, they deture it a little..

An armed society is harder to control.. Be lucky we still have the "rights" we have..

Once we get gun control back going the right way lets talk about taxes and getting them shut off like they were supposed to after the war, thats WWII...

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    The last sentence from the article:

"Despite the couples’ bravery, police generally don’t recommend being uncooperative with a criminal’s demands, because it is better to play it
    safe"
    Wow, throwing yourself at the mercy of a professional sociopath is "playing it safe"? Lucky we have knowledgeable experts to tell us stuff like that, I mean who'd a thunk it?

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    The last sentence from the article:

"Despite the couples’ bravery, police generally don’t recommend being uncooperative with a criminal’s demands, because it is better to play it
    safe"

That is because they are the Only Ones trained to properly handle that... ;)

Edited:
    The LEA has since had the Press Released adjusted:
    Suspect sought in elderly home invasion

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Good for them. I guarantee if he had gone in on my Uncle (WW2 vet, part of relief of Bastogne), he would have gotten his melon popped. The old guy keeps his .38 sitting on his lap while he watches TV. He still reloads some and practices off an on.

junglerogue

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 20, 2009
    SAV, ELP, DFW, SBN,
    That's awesome! I love it when the older generation wreaks havoc on baddies. My uncle was stationed in the Philippines and Korea during the Korean war, he has revolvers stashed everywhere in his house for just such an incident. He went that route instead of a semi-auto handgun because he couldn't rack the slide after both shoulders were replaced.

Top Bottom