• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kingnereli

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    New Castle
    Overall I appreciated the video. He's got it right. Though it did seem that he looked down on CC slightly, but the just may have been my inference. I'm am avid OCer but respect CC as well.

I especially liked his acknowledgment that smaller, more concealable guns will necessarily require a compromise on caliber and capacity. That or he was just really proud of his .500 S&W.:draw:

Hornett

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Bedford, Indiana
    Where to start.

I guess first, he looks like some poor guy that was forced to move out of Haight-Ashbury.

I can deploy my P3AT very quickly because I have practiced.
    I was insulted with him not knowing which pocket the gun was in.
    It's not that small. C'mon!

Showing us the gun was unloaded was a joke.
    That is no excuse for the poor handling he demonstrated in the video.

No discussion at all of holsters.

Not the best argument for OC IMHO.:noway:

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    The silly video was fun, but seriously, what if his BACK is turned to the 7' crack head? The purpose of CC imo is more about the element of surprise than not scaring milque-toast granola eaters.

zoglog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    Hendricks Co
    you cant OC in Texas?
    This might sound a little liberal but if I ever see a Dinosaur Crackhead, I am going to trap it so we can put it in a museum!!

SedahDrol

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2010
    I almost bought one of those and I thought well I can't possibly CC that confortably no matter what holster I used. So that would leave OC'ing which I generally do now anyway, but one would think that the length of the barrel would still slow down the draw some. That's gotta add at least another .5 seconds to the draw. That's one thing I like about this state that I've got the choice to carry my gun how I want to. I do have to disagree with this guy on one point. A gun should be allowed to be carried the way the carrier choses. Both methods have their advantages and disadvantages. I practice both, it depends on the situation. I'm grateful I have the choice. You would think that a state such as Texas would allow open carry.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I did not take the video seriously, but thought it was just him having a bit of fun ranting against the requirement to CC. I CC 99% of the time, but think it's a choice I should make, not one that gets made by a politition somewhere. It was entertaining, but you can't take him seriously since I think it was more intended to be a pro-OC comedy skit.

ddenny5

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    Some where in the USA
    I do say that I conceal carry 60% of the time. It is winter here so my firearm is hidden by my coat. I do practice concealed carry while open carrying. I like to sit with my firearm facing the wall at a resturant and where I can see the entry of the resturant. Also, being left handed is an advantage because my firearm is on the same side as the door of my truck while driving. No one can see my firearm looking in. It is my opinion that we lefties have the advantage while open carrying because everything is setup for righties.

Top Bottom