• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • awilson82

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Is it just me or is ammo starting to get crazy already?

AmmoMan has a message up about a big spike in sales and running behind. Ammo to Go has signifigantly decreased selection. Lots of stuff sold out or back ordered on CTD.

I hope this isnt going to be the trend bc of the elections bc then until a few months after the elections are over stuff will be crazy priced and hard to find.

Cat-Herder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 15, 2009
    Fortville
    it sure is! i just loaded 600 rounds of .45, 1200 rounds of .380, 500 rounds of .308 Win, 300 rounds of 357 magnum and 1000 rounds of 38spl. CRAZY!!!

I'm going to have to have a casting session this week because I'm completely out of bullets.

alexanjl12

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 17, 2010
    Westside Indy
    Is it just me or is ammo starting to get crazy already?

AmmoMan has a message up about a big spike in sales and running behind. Ammo to Go has signifigantly decreased selection. Lots of stuff sold out or back ordered on CTD.

I hope this isnt going to be the trend bc of the elections bc then until a few months after the elections are over stuff will be crazy priced and hard to find.

I haven't even noticed. So glad I started Reloading :D

awilson82

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    I haven't even noticed. So glad I started Reloading :D

I would but the only stuff Id do good with reloading would be .223

The stuff I shoot most uses 7.62 Nato most of which is non-reloadable and it dimples the case anyway. Most AK ammo is steel and non-reloadable as well. Reloading just doesnt seem worth it to me.

Skip

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    12 miles from Michigan
    I get what I want, when I want in the quantities I want for the price I want that are specially tuned to my firearms.

I see no problem with ammunition at this time.

To those that do not reload, all I can say is..................remember 2008, um, period.

When in doubt, read below. VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    I get what I want, when I want in the quantities I want for the price I want that are specially tuned to my firearms.

I see no problem with ammunition at this time.

To those that do not reload, all I can say is..................remember 2008, um, period.

EXACTLY! Back then a case of .223 could easily be had for $120... Now its in the $280+ neighborhood. These price jumps are what got me into reloading.

To the OP. Doesn't matter if you plan on reloading 1 caliber or 100 calibers, just reload.

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    385   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    Last week's primer cost..

That has been the price locally since 2008.
    Not for me...
    You may want to shop around some....most places local to me are between $31-34/k :dunno:

I think I got some CCI LP primers for around $32 the last time I was in Bradis.

Last week I received my 10K(CCI-500)Small pistol primers for $26.00 per K.
    This was through a HazMat buy with one of our Vendors here on INGO...Snooze you lose...Bill..

awilson82

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    EXACTLY! Back then a case of .223 could easily be had for $120... Now its in the $280+ neighborhood. These price jumps are what got me into reloading.

To the OP. Doesn't matter if you plan on reloading 1 caliber or 100 calibers, just reload.

Just as a curiosity how much would it cost to buy everything needed to reload .223?

Also brass only lasts 2-3 reloads correct?

Top Bottom