• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ajanes10

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2012
    So I know the Indy 1500 is coming up soon and I know I can buy ammo in bulk there for pretty cheap but I dont always want to mess with the crowd. Is there anywhere I can buy ammo that chepa without having to mess with the 1500?

ajanes10

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2012
    Ok thanks. I know I can get boxes to equate to about half of what they costs o. The stores at the gun show. Thanks a bunch!

Broom_jm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    There's an easy way to save that much money, and more, but you'll have to shoot better ammo and be more in control of ammunition costs for the rest of your life to do it. Factory ammo...pfft!

chuddly

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 17, 2012
    Eminence, IN
    There's an easy way to save that much money, and more, but you'll have to shoot better ammo and be more in control of ammunition costs for the rest of your life to do it. Factory ammo...pfft!

I agree....reload your own and then you just stock up on supplies as you find deals.

Broom_jm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    I never used to go to Bradis...until they opened Bradis II right next door. That's where they have all the reloading supplies and I've done my part to help keep them in business. As much FUN as reloading is, I just can't understand why so many folks still tell themselves they are getting a "good deal" on factory ammo, when they are lucky to only pay twice as much, for ammo that is usually not as good.

I'm only half-kidding when I say, "Buying ammo is for suckahs!" :D

windellmc

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jan 5, 2011
    Greenwood
    Walmart. Seriously if it is a common caliber they are usually pretty close to 1500 prices. Sometimes Dick's or Gander Mountain has a sale that puts ammo close to what you can buy it for online or at the 1500. Online prices are usually pretty close to 1500 prices too.

Broom_jm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    You can reload your own ammo and save 1/3 to 1/2 the price of factory stuff. It's not hard and if you shoot 200 rounds of ammo per month, depending on what cartridges, you'll recoup the equipment cost in less than a year. Then, for the rest of your life, YOU will control the cost and availability of your ammo...and you can't put a price on that.

Lodogg2221

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 1, 2010
    Kokomo
    I keep telling myself I need to get set-up to reload rifle and handgun ammo, but always seem to find something else to buy.
    Im always worried that I dont shoot enough of each type to make it worthwhile, and I dont know anyone personally who reloads to ask questions.
    I reload 12ga, which isnt quite the same process, but I always enjoyed doing it, and it certainly paid for itself, especially when I was shooting somewhere near 7000 rounds a year...

Top Bottom