• ...and so much more!
  • profjeremy

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jun 30, 2020
    Indianapolis
    Good luck. I tried multiple Walmarts and 3 Rural Kings for 2 weeks and only saw 30-30 ammo in one Walmart. I bought most of it.

Meanwhile...

3030.png

https://ammoseek.com/ammo/30-30-winchester

Whoa. Gives a whole new importance to "one shot, one kill"!

Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    This is crazy! I have a new scope on my 30-30 and need to sight it in. Good thing I have a few boxes but now I really don't want to shoot it since I won't be able to replace them.
    I feel that. I took note that 350 Legend (love the round but the name is dumb imho) seemed to be in stock in most places. So I bought a Ruger Ranch Rifle in that caliber, bought some iron sights to put on it, went to buy rounds...yupp, nothing in stock. Finally found some at a Rural King in Owensboro where they had "plenty" when they only had a few boxes of 170 gr Hornady and found the last two boxes of 145 gr Winchester target loads in Muncie thanks to a fellow INGOer telling me they had some. It's still findable but more of a pain than it was before I bought my new rifle. Go figure :rolleyes:. On the bright side it was really reasonably priced so that was a plus.

bsmithg19

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2020
    Blackford County
    In this industry even in pre-covid times that's a common practice to encourage purchase from retail sources in the supply chain. LEE Precision has done this for years. If the mfg undercuts the retailer with direct sales they'd likely lose the retailers.

True statement, but federal began selling direct after the rush on ammo. I've found 9mm on their website quite often, while I haven't seen federal 9mm in the store for quite a while. I'm not mad at them for doing so, but I think they see people paying high prices and they want some of that action. I believe this is testing the waters a little.

1DOWN4UP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2015
    North of 30
    Check on on BassPro and Cabelas ammo site daily.Got 500 rounds Herters 44 Mag 2 weeks ago for little over $300 w/ free shipping.Suprised they sold me that much.Those rounds costed that 20 years ago

1DOWN4UP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2015
    North of 30
    I heard Covid hit Federal plant bad.They just finished govt contracts.Stuff should start moving soon.I am still waiting for Large pistol Mag prime.Anyone wanna trade?Got SP,SR & LR.

ratames

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2012
    Cheaper than dirt offering 9mm at "Christmas Special" prices only $34.95 (Plus shipping) for a box of 50.

The thing about Cheaper Than Dirt is that they aren't. My experience is their prices are among the highest in the industry.

jy951

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Feb 18, 2009
    I just went to Walmart at lunch and they had a pretty decent stock of ammo. That was in merrillville.

srad

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 22, 2009
    Elkhart/Bristol, IN

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    The Dillon has already paid for itself

Me in 2017: "My single stage isn't good for loading 9mm and it makes no financial sense to do so, but maybe I get the dies and just learn to load straightway cases and develop the skill.

Me in 2020 sitting on a fresh keg of Sport Pistol and enough primers and brass and bullets: :rockwoot:

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    I'm claiming the win for this contest right now, at least for the rimfire division. If you had a million dollars in your pocket, you could not have bought a single round of rimfire ammo, at the Cabelas in Hammond today. That puts the price at over $1 million dollars per round, for rimfire no less. :).

I was able to pick up a couple boxes of weak Federal 10mm and a couple boxes 124 gr Gold Dot +P 9mm for a little over a dollar a round. Didn't really need it, but I don't have a lot of quality HP 9mm.

The astounding part to me is the total shut-out of rimfire, though I have a good supply. Even in past shortages, there was always something, be it 17HMR or 17 WSSM, things not as popular. I suspect people are buying it on speculation even if they don't shoot that caliber, or possibly for trade.

Best wishes to all in this crazy time.

p.s. - what's my prize for winning the rimfire division :dunno:.

rosejm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 28, 2013
    NWI
    Maybe we should start up "lemonade" stands and start selling loose cartridges in baggies.

What could possibly go wrong?

TheGhostRider

Watching from a distance…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Fort Wayne

"Ammo Price "Top This" Contest"​

Hillside Shooting Sports in Roanoke.
    Winchester 5.56 Nato 200 round value pack...
    Only $175.00

Methane Herder

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Pitchfork Union
    Since we are playing this game, may I offer... last time I fed my FNH Five-seveN and PS-90 (5.7x28 SS197SP) I paid $800 for a case of 2000 (40 boxes of 50 at $20 per box). Just went to my favorite ammo site, TargetSports and found it listed for $50 per box or $2000 per case of 2000.

I fully understand inflation, supply and demand, and speculation but prices of ammo is beyond reason.
    Anticipating buying a 57, I bought some SS198LF about a year ago for 28$/50. Now I see it at 2$/round.
    The other factor, as far as 5.7 is concerned, it appears to be a bear to reload and all the brass (with it's proprietary unicorn blood coating) is still only available from FN.

MH

Top Bottom