• ...and so much more!
  • Boilers

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Miguel,

Maybe this will help you with your ammo posts..

First, look at YOUR twitter page. You should see something like this:

picture1zdl.png

On the right you will see FOLLOWING. Click that. You will see something like this, then...

picture2wyl.png

Under the IndianaGuns name you SHOULD see a DIRECT MESSAGE text and hyperlink. Click that. (I can't see it because I am not YOU, in this example).

Then, just type in your ammo find that you want to post. And submit it.

If you want, please try the IndianaGunTest account first. That is an account I created yesterday that allows all of you to get your feet wet first, then use what you've learned to post to the real IndianaGuns account. That way you don't send a bunch of test messages to dozens of people's cell phones and such.

See above post for info on the new IndianaGunTest Twitter account.

Either way, if you have problems just ask here.

Boilers

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Having let one of you guys sit overnight in the IndianaGunTest twitter account, it appears the "Auto-Follow" function I signed up for is not working. I will look into this sometime soon. In the meantime I will have to monitor this account manually like the other one. (UNLESS someone knows a better auto-follow 3rd party service)

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    I really appreciate the effort to set up the Twitter thing but those of us that relied on the postings here on the forum and who posted are kind of out in the cold. My cell phone is through my work and I can't set up Twitter on it so if we could continue to post on the forum as well I would really appreciate it. Also I am sure that a lot of us older guys are not that tech savvy.

Last edited:

Boilers

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Getting the twitter feed here 'on the web' is just a simple click here:

https://twitter.com/IndianaGuns

Now, isn't that simpler than looking for various posts on the forum and going to the part of any one of those posts to look for the latest, most recent UNread post?

I don't use Twitter on the cell phone at all, either. I am one of YOU. It's just a webpage, then, to me and you both. Same as a forum post.

I understand where you are coming from. Just peruse that link and you'll not be left out of anything. I agree that people can post on both places, though. The advantage of the forum is length. Twitter is all business. It is designed to be precise and concise and NO FLUFF. Just say it. Wastes less time that way. But when discussion and fellowship is needed, come here to the forum. Twitter is NOT a place to discuss things. And as such will never replace a forum/thread such as this. It just augments it and makes the information accessible to MORE not LESS people; and in a more timely manner, too.

Does that make sense? I hope if does. Just click the link.

Here is what I see even if I do not have a twitter account and do not sign up to follow this account. It's the exact same thing you see if you DO sign up and or if you DO have a cell phone device signed up as well. Nothing is left out or exclusive to only twitter users. It's just a webpage that EVERYONE can see. Very open and inviting that way.

picture3sdq.png

Boilers

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    It's just a 'short message broadcasting' service.

Primarily web-centric, but other folks/companies have expanded it to offer other SMS devices such as cell phones, primarily. And THAT makes it more valuable to us folks that are tethered to home-based PCs. Because those that DO have cell-phones can update US sitting here on our fat butts, while they are out in the wild surveying ammo availability. Win-win.

Boilers

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Thanks to everyone. We keep growing. 65 followers now.
    And much more participation and ammo finds. Looks like the Twitter account is finally paying off for more and more people.
    Any feedback? Just post it here. (Sorry about the Brickies pun)

Boilers

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    My pleasure.

Please read the above info. Use the test account until you learn how to post, otherwise you could be sending messages to 75 people's cell phones and no one wants that. :)

Balinor

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2008
    midwest gun exchange (mishawaka) has small rifle primers
    pmc is the brand its says "small rifle " "small rifle magnum"
    they had a pallet of them ( i don't reload so i didnt ask the price, they were just moving them to the show room, a whole pallet of them)

Boilers

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Question for the Twitter followers:
    Did you get notified/sent a message about "You can post..."?
    That was meant to be sent only to gonzalez. And I actually don't know if it got sent to everyone or not. I am still learning some of this Twitter stuff myself. I apologize if it got sent to anyone else. But let me know, and I'll try to learn the best way to keep it between two people.

chasekerion4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Question for the Twitter followers:
    Did you get notified/sent a message about "You can post..."?
    That was meant to be sent only to gonzalez. And I actually don't know if it got sent to everyone or not. I am still learning some of this Twitter stuff myself. I apologize if it got sent to anyone else. But let me know, and I'll try to learn the best way to keep it between two people.

Not me. I did notice it was a really quiet start to the weekend with tweets though!

Boilers

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Ok. Thanks. If anyone happens to see any posts that appear not intended for mass consumption, please let me know. I try to help the new kids out by sending them some info when I notice their posts are not being sent to everyone.

Boilers

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    A big thanks to those posting ammo updates on the twitter account.
    I cannot always figure out who on Twitter is who on INGO. If I could, I would hand out more REPs. As it is, I have a hard time in matching the two up.

So, I wish I could rep you all, but I cannot tell who to rep here all the time.

And to those Twitter followers, PLEASE REP THE PEOPLE THAT TAKE TIME TO SEND A TWEET OUT.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I haven't figured out how to tweet yet, but I am following... I stopped by Walmart on US 31 in response to the tweet about .40 Blazer Brass but they were already out. They did have at least 1500 rounds of 9mm Blazer Brass though. It's on one of the lower shelves and is kinda hard to see.

Boilers

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Are you trying to tweet from the web? Or a cell phone client?
    If from the web, go to your main page. Find FOLLOWING and click on it.
    Now, in the page that comes up, find the row/entry for IndianaGuns. There should be a Direct Message link right next to the Indiana Flag icon. Click on that. That will bring up a text box to enter a message. Just type your ammo message, and click SEND.

That's it.

Now, if you are trying to send via a cell phone client, first, tell us here what cell phone and client application you are intending on using?

And, you say you are reading the tweets. Are you already reading them acceptably with a cell phone/client as well? (Or just the web page?)

Top Bottom