• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyTom

Expert
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Oct 3, 2013
    Fishers
    I've seen some reported issues with the AE 5.7x28 ammo in various places online and was a bit hesitant to try it, but I picked some up and tried it out today (with my new knock-off mag) with my PS90. It may not be as accurate as its blue-tipped cousin, but it definitely went bang, fed and ejected without a problem. I can't say for sure how accurate it was, because it was quite windy and I was mostly having fun at that point with some cans and rapid shots on target, but most of the complaints I saw were about FTE/FTF, which I had none of. I'll probably just take the AE rounds with me next time and I'll update this if I run into any issues (admittedly, I only put 50 of them downrange today, but I wasn't looking to reload with as brisk and breezy as it was) after getting more rounds (hopefully, more mags to assist with the process) fired. In the meantime, I'll be picking up some more of it for plinking.

m82mike

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    Milton,In.
    AE 5.7 is great for practice, I've had no problems with it in either the 5.7 pistol, or ps90. I believe a lot depends on cleaning and lubricating of the weapon. I've bought a lot of it from PSA at 14.99 per 50. Sometimes free shipping with 10 boxes. Try it, and post your results. Mine have been great. YMMV.:ingo:

Shoots4Fun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    74   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I've never had any problems either. When the blue tip is only $1 more per box, I try to buy that, but when the ammo was much harder to find, I would buy the AE 5.7 on sale when I could find it. I also agree that PSA has good sales on the ammo overall at times.

:twocents:

IndyTom

Expert
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Oct 3, 2013
    Fishers
    The price per box difference isn't so big, but, yeah, that buy 10 and get free shipping definitely slants the price in favor of the AE 5.7. The main difference I noticed is the energy transfer when targeting soda cans. The blue tips yield a more vigorous "pop," but the AE does a nice job all the same.

m82mike

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    Milton,In.
    AE is for practice, as it is FMJ. FN blue tip works as a hollow point. Big difference, practice with the cheap stuff, and use a little of the FN to keep used to it.

Top Bottom