• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blade

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    First of all I want to let everyone know that I am basically blind without my glasses or contacts. :D

Plague and I went to the range yesterday, and I shot a clothespin from about 40ft with a 10/22 with my first attempt.

Sorry just had to brag because I am so proud of my blind self :D

Marc

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    District 6
    if the 10/22 was modified and from 40 yds you can hit the head of a nail. it always feels good when you actually hit something you are aiming for. i know the feeling when i bumped up to big bore calibers. i couldnt hit anything but i kept with it and i started to make vast improvements. now i have to relearn everything because i have to re zero my scope due to handloads.

Blade

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    as far as I know there are not any modifications on that gun. It was pretty much just luck for me though. :D

buck119

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2009
    South East Indiana
    Excellent shot Blade! The way I got really good with my 10/22 was shooting golf balls off the top of a fence post. Just start at 20 yrds and keep moving back from there. Keep it up!

Blade

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Thanks buck...
    The only problem with me trying to shoot golf balls off my fence post is I think the neighbors behind me might get upset. :D

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    153   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    A few months back, we were plinking around with CB rounds in the .22 and my friend told me to try and hit a nickel at 80 feet without scope. Hit it on the 2nd shot, then refused to do more cause I knew it'd be 100 more rounds until I could do it again. hahaha

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    That's nothing. I shot a paper clip from 50 feet, with a pistol. Of course I was aiming at the paper target it was holding!;)

Top Bottom