paintball_gun_demo.gif

:D:D:D:D

You can move to Break Room if necessary

canav844

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    One of my high school friends was into paint ball, they were packing up (so safety masks had come off and my friends got a black eye from one of his team member who was "cleaning" his paintball gun. Good paintball guns can do some real damage if not treated with respect.

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    152   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    When younger, my buddy was spinning a cruiser style airsoft shot gun like a space cowboy. Took a 6mm bb to his leg not knowing it was loaded! Anything that resembles a gun, real or not, treat like a gun!

blamecharles

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    South side of Indian
    One of my high school friends was into paint ball, they were packing up (so safety masks had come off and my friends got a black eye from one of his team member who was "cleaning" his paintball gun. Good paintball guns can do some real damage if not treated with respect.

Yeah when i was in the military we played with some paintball guns a buddy had souped up. They can definitely do some damage. My gf and i went to Dark Armies with some friends. I had warned her how bad it hurt. We go in and i got hit so i went up to the counter to tap out and she comes up a few seconds later and shes crying saying she is done and wants to leave. She got hit right in the jugular.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    Yeah when i was in the military we played with some paintball guns a buddy had souped up. They can definitely do some damage. My gf and i went to Dark Armies with some friends. I had warned her how bad it hurt. We go in and i got hit so i went up to the counter to tap out and she comes up a few seconds later and shes crying saying she is done and wants to leave. She got hit right in the jugular.

been there, that **** hurts. There are not enough swears in any human language to properly react to such a shot.

Once got winged in the neck and another time full on shot to my neck. it looked like I had an egg under my skin.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I got shot in the nards playing paint ball once, that crap hurts.

I go out with a group of friends and if we're put on opposite teams, we try to shoot each other in the berries. We normally do some friendly fire if we're on the same teams. I've taken plenty of shots to the back of the head, the neck, the berries, and I think the worst was actually the collar bone. Shooting yourself in the junk that close would really suck but from my experience, it actually isn't the worst place to get shot. The one that caught the tip of my collar bone welted up instantly and made it a little hard to breathe for about a minute. Got to love playing zombies were only head shots count.

.452browning

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oh yeah paintballs can hurt like the dickens. I was at a bachelor party for a friend and we were playing paintball. I shot an aquintance from about 5 ft. in the throat twice as he turned the corner to capture the flag. He immediately fell and we stopped the game cause he had to be seen by the medic. He sat out the rest of the day, but was okay. The worst place I have ever been hit in paintball was the back of the knee at dark armies. My knee went out and I cursed like a sailor. Didn't walk right for a while.

PokerMack1973

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 18, 2012
    Terre Haute
    Did anyone see the episode of Doomsday Preppers where the father just about shot his thumb off? He said the gun misfired.

My friend's 8 yr old daughter put it best, "Dad, why would someone put their finger in front of the barrel whether they knew it was loaded or not?"

fullmetaljesus

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    Oh yeah paintballs can hurt like the dickens. I was at a bachelor party for a friend and we were playing paintball. I shot an aquintance from about 5 ft. in the throat twice as he turned the corner to capture the flag. He immediately fell and we stopped the game cause he had to be seen by the medic. He sat out the rest of the day, but was okay. The worst place I have ever been hit in paintball was the back of the knee at dark armies. My knee went out and I cursed like a sailor. Didn't walk right for a while.

bad form, typically the rule is don't shoot at less than 10 feet. You announce that you got them and they leave. Shooting in the neck at 5 feet is bad form

.452browning

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    bad form, typically the rule is don't shoot at less than 10 feet. You announce that you got them and they leave. Shooting in the neck at 5 feet is bad form

I've only been paintballing 3 times ever. That was the first time and I was 13. I felt really bad about it. Nobody ever said anything before or after that about the distance. Dark Armies explained some rules, but this place didn't.

Car Ramrod

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Westfield
    Depends on how and what format you are playing. I've been shot point blank in the side of the head, right behind the ear. I've also been shot well within the "5 foot" rule you mentioned. However, this was not in your standard, recreational game.

I shoot at what I can see. If all I can see is your neck, well guess what I am aiming for?

I unintentionally shot my GF a couple times in the side of the neck from 30-35 yards. It was enough to drop her, send tears flowing, and her to not talk to me the rest of the day. It hurt just as much as if she had been closer, FYI.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Depends on how and what format you are playing. I've been shot point blank in the side of the head, right behind the ear. I've also been shot well within the "5 foot" rule you mentioned. However, this was not in your standard, recreational game.

I shoot at what I can see. If all I can see is your neck, well guess what I am aiming for?

I unintentionally shot my GF a couple times in the side of the neck from 30-35 yards. It was enough to drop her, send tears flowing, and her to not talk to me the rest of the day. It hurt just as much as if she had been closer, FYI.

lol I've seen that when we've went and played an open night. This girl was running to get to the flags and dude shot a few times trying to give some cover fire. She took one to the small of the back and said it didn't hurt that bad but when she found out it was her bf, she was :xmad:. For some reason we can't get our female friends out on the field with us.

fullmetaljesus

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy

i mentioned a 10 foot rule.

But as far as where you place your shots, they entire body is game on. I don't care if you aim for the hip, head, or what ever. Just not with in the 10 foot range.

Top Bottom