• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rmcrob

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2008
    Plainfield
    Any other members of the US Concealed Carry Association?

The current issue of the magazine has a pretty good article, "A Study of Fighting in Your House", by Gabe Suarez that makes me think. I tend to imagine certain scenarios in which I might be required to use my weapon. I picture a home invasion happening in a certain way, or I picture an attack on the street happening in a certain way. So I develop plans based on those scenarios. Suarez challenges me to think about other alternatives. It may not happen the way I picture it happening.

Of course, I hope it never happens at all, but I can't afford to assume it won't.

The whole article is good, but I especially liked the list Suarez gave us at the end of it:

Consider these situations
    • You wake up at 3 AM because you heard something. You are not certain enough to go back to sleep, but not certain enough to call 911.
    • The noise that wakes you up is much more pronounced than in the previous situation. Still not confirmed “human” but definitely something is not right.
    • You wake up to the sound of glass breaking, followed by swearing. You live alone.
    • You wake up at 3 AM because you heard your kid scream across the house. Their scream was followed by a male voice telling them to shut up.
    • You are at church and your kids are on the other side of the church at youth ministry. You hear gunshots coming from that direction, people screaming and running away from the sound.
    • You and your protectees are inside a building where bad things are happening. Your current location is untenable and you must leave, but expect to encounter resistance as part of the escape.

While each event is similar, the dynamics of the fight are different and each one requires different tactics. Now think about this and how you might handle each one of these problems. Think also about what skills you might need to make your time in the fight safer for you and more dangerous for the bad guys.
    I need to think about scenarios other than my pet ones. This helps me a lot.

rmcrob

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2008
    Plainfield
    I am a member of the NRA as well. The NRA membership is to help pay for lobbying. The USCCA membership is for information for me.

Top Bottom