already have an AR-15, so who cares if they ban them?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tackdriver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2010
    wow, a bunch of paranoid people out there, anyway to clarify the most they will do is ban the sale of assault rifle, and all us older guys that went thru the last ban know how it works, they will define what an assault rifle is and ban those features like pistol grips etc, anyway, like last time there are ways to find a loop hole and the ban will be worthless, just like last time. so, who cares, its just a way of getting votes for looking like they are doing something
    1. "Just because I'm paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not out to get me!"

2. I shouldn't need a loop hole to assert my rights. The right to defend myself is unalienable. The contract I agree to live by clearly states "...shall not be infringed."

3. If the "ban" is so weak that a loop hole makes it pointless, then why bother even passing the law in the first place? What's the point when there's no point? IF a new law is as limited as you suggest, then it's just for show. It's political theater. I don't think we need more laws just for entertainment and political commercials. On the other hand, I believe that this crowd may take a much bigger bite than you think.

4. If you ignore bad behavior and bad ideas, you only get worse behavior and worse ideas in the future. Ignoring it, not doing our duty to correct it for decades, is what got us here in the first place.

I'm about done with "Tolerance and acceptance" for bad people doing bad things (and being proud of it). We've tried that approach, an can see where it got us. Time for a different approach.

Pepi

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Hartford City 47348
    Does this administration take into consideration that their 'system' may be causing a lot of the violence going on? They are letting in criminals from the south, they are starving our small children, and they have made a gal of gas the all most the price of minimum wage. Should I go on? Many people I know are getting forking very pissed off.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Wheel guns and lever actions until they get on their agenda too.
    Yep if you give any up now they will eventually take them all and we end up with no defense against a totalitarian government. I think it's coming not if but when. They need to disarm the people in order to bring about their goals.

A 9 shot 45/70 lever will be high on that list eventually using the same argument "why does anyone need such a powerful caliber and you don't need more than 1 shot to hunt with."

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Didn’t Rhode Island or some such liberal enclave ban “high capacity” magazines and had a 1% compliance rate with turn in? I can’t remember if it was that or some other registration scheme. Point being, virtually nobody complied.

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    Didn’t Rhode Island or some such liberal enclave ban “high capacity” magazines and had a 1% compliance rate with turn in? I can’t remember if it was that or some other registration scheme. Point being, virtually nobody complied.
    NY & NJ of all places had gun owners tell them to pound sand.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    NY & NJ of all places had gun owners tell them to pound sand.

Ah, thanks, I was having a senior moment on the details.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    And forget about buying replacement parts, or taking it to the range.
    Exactly, they'll need a tune up of new springs every 5-10k rounds depending on the quality of the springs you bought.

I bought this flat wire buffer spring. According to SI tech he said they have a rifle with the same spring and it's got over 10k rounds so far and still working fine. So I have been buying them for my rifles.

Last edited:

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    I seem to recall Connecticut tried as well...

Top Bottom