• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Beginning in 1950, McCarthy became the most visible public face of a period in the United States in which Cold War tensions fueled fears of widespread communist subversion. He is known for alleging that numerous communists and Soviet spies and sympathizers had infiltrated the United States federal government, universities, and film industry

Change Soviet to CCP, and get me the next Joe McCarthy

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Change Soviet to CCP, and get me the next Joe McCarthy

Let's not forget that McCarthy was mistaken only in that the problem was worse than he realized. Further, we had the intercepted cables with the locals and Moscow to prove this treason and for some strange reason turned a blind eye.

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    68   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    Let's not forget that McCarthy was mistaken only in that the problem was worse than he realized. Further, we had the intercepted cables with the locals and Moscow to prove this treason and for some strange reason turned a blind eye.
    This. Leftist revisionist history demonizes him, but McCarthy was right about too much. Venona hasn't been completely decoded, but what we know is scary.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    I am honestly surprised China hasn't made a huge move following their highly successful propaganda campaign to convince the West to self-destruct their economies and poison their internal politics in a mad, suicidal panic over covid. We now know the SolarWinds system has been fully, admin-level compromised by a foreign power for the last 10 months. We now know the government, including the incoming administration, is absolutely rotten with CCP operatives. By dropping a huge infrastructure cyberattack and having their operatives wreck government systems, compounded by a toilet economy, they could easily create a situation where the American people are too disarrayed and demoralized to respond to the CCP seizing Taiwan or expelling all foreign navy forces from the South China Sea.

After a year of unemployment, pandemic panic, bread lines, and spotty/no electricity, the American people would give China whatever it wanted to avoid getting involved in a new war.

We're waiting for the other shoe to drop on this years-long campaign and I feel like it could be any day now. When will they ever have a better opportunity to break containment and challenge the West?

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I am honestly surprised China hasn't made a huge move following their highly successful propaganda campaign to convince the West to self-destruct their economies and poison their internal politics in a mad, suicidal panic over covid. We now know the SolarWinds system has been fully, admin-level compromised by a foreign power for the last 10 months. We now know the government, including the incoming administration, is absolutely rotten with CCP operatives. By dropping a huge infrastructure cyberattack and having their operatives wreck government systems, compounded by a toilet economy, they could easily create a situation where the American people are too disarrayed and demoralized to respond to the CCP seizing Taiwan or expelling all foreign navy forces from the South China Sea.

After a year of unemployment, pandemic panic, bread lines, and spotty/no electricity, the American people would give China whatever it wanted to avoid getting involved in a new war.

We're waiting for the other shoe to drop on this years-long campaign and I feel like it could be any day now. When will they ever have a better opportunity to break containment and challenge the West?

That's not how China works.

They want to knock the US out of the global trade game, absorbing all of our value and worth, to continue to grow their economic power.
    Why would you attack the US if you can take everything you want from it peacefully? Not to mention, they want US consumerism as high as possible as it drives their economic power.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    That's not how China works.

They want to knock the US out of the global trade game, absorbing all of our value and worth, to continue to grow their economic power.
    Why would you attack the US if you can take everything you want from it peacefully? Not to mention, they want US consumerism as high as possible as it drives their economic power.

Because ultimately China has expansionist goals that cannot be accomplished peacefully.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Because ultimately China has expansionist goals that cannot be accomplished peacefully.

Oh yes they can.
    Give it a few years and China could lay claim to Germany without any politician objecting. Likewise for the US if we remain on this course.

You underestimate just how many people have been bought off.

Last week, a CCP document naming 1.95 million chinese spies operating in the west was leaked. Many of those are operating in our government and haven't been removed, and likely never will be.
    For crying out loud, a major congressman (ex-presidential candidate) was caught sleeping with one and he's still on the intelligence committee.

They already own this country.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville

I'd recommend this far more, so you understand where China came from, how China works, and where China is going:

[video=youtube;hhMAt3BluAU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhMAt3BluAU[/video]

(And for anyone instantly dismissing it because of the title, it's a valid and justified criticism if you watch)

Don't blame me if this gives you nightmares.

Last edited:

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010

Do you think you know China's interests and intents better than they do? China could already take Taiwan if they wanted to. (It's just studded with enough Patriot batteries that it would take weeks to complete and severely damage their image in doing so). They are not doing it, because they do not deem it in their interest to do so.

In my opinion, China wants to create a future where Taiwan is irrelevant. That would be the ultimate victory; beating "us" at our own game, and conquering Taiwan by legitimate means. Heck, in a couple generations, who's to say China won't attain so much economic hegemony over the region, that younger generations of Taiwanese won't want to "give themselves back to China?"

I can't see Taiwanese wanting to become Hong Kong. But I also can't understand Israelis allowing Arabs to become ethnic near-majorities in some areas of their country, either. People are funny. I think we are entering an era of countries allowing themselves to be toppled from within. Boiling the frog rapidly is so last-century.

Last edited:

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    This has been discussed in many other threads starting years ago. Xi's China Dream and their plan for global domination was openly published and is doctrine now in Chi-ComLand. As I've said many times before and been mocked for they are our enemies.

They created a virus and used their people as the delivery method to infect the planet, we lose a 9/11 or Pearl Harbor load every day and no one wants to lay the blame where it belongs or do what it takes to fight back...mostly because there is a buck to be made (today as they sell themselves into slavery).

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Do you think you know China's interests and intents better than they do? China could already take Taiwan if they wanted to. (It's just studded with enough Patriot batteries that it would take weeks to complete and severely damage their image in doing so). They are not doing it, because they do not deem it in their interest to do so.

China would never invade Taiwan unless they could do it without the rest of the world noticing.

China's No.1 goal is that all of their steps towards global dominance are largely ignored by the west. If someone raises the alarm before they have fully taken over, their entire plan would begin crumbling.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    It's always good to try to understand their side of things.

Top Bottom