• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    Six buses slipped off the road down here in Evansville this morning. The roads were okay for the most part, but there are definitely some treacherous places. I-64 was shut down for awhile because of the ice.

RogerB

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2008
    New Palestine
    Yes we all need to be aware of the Black Ice thats out there! :cool: :yesway:

All kinds....

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_FbP9ae5hs"]YouTube - ACDC - Black Ice[/ame]

mconley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 17, 2008
    Hendricks Co.
    Took the girlfriend to chicagio thinking we would be able to get out of there before snow and ice hit... yah we wound up staying at merriville, but the science museum was cool.

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Mishawaka
    Nasty at times up north here also. Two people killed in two separate accidents involving ice. I drive a semi every day and am amazed at some of the stunts people pull on icy roads. I take my time and why not, I'm getting paid.

spainy79

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Sullivan
    I wasn't even a mile from my house this morning (4:25am) and the road I live on was a sheet of ice. Couldn't get stopped, slid on through the T (wanted to turn left), went through a small ditch and into a guys yard. Didn't want to attempt going out the way I went in thanks to an even bigger ditch on the opposite side. I didn't want to destroy this guys yard by driving through it to get to his driveway so I took a right and drove through a cornfield until I found a low spot in the ditch where I could get back on the road...and almost got stuck in the ditch.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I was very nearly rear-ended by a tailgater yesterday in Shelbyville.
    How does one handle the accident reporting for a fender bender, in heavy traffic, on slick roads?

cordex

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 24, 2008
    I'm assuming this was a typo, either way made me laugh. Wonder if Ford has started buying parts from the same suppliers Glock uses...:):

Calm down GlockNation, I'm just kidding around. :):

Sorry to hear of the accident though, glad your wife wasn't hurt. :yesway:
    My father in law always calls them that. There is a long history of tire blowouts and fires. He owns two.

repair

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    My route wasn't too bad. Only slid twice and got to the schools about 15 -20 minutes late. Not too bad at all. No fender benders or anyone stuck.
    One driver did fall next to her bus, tho.

Our HS has finals today and tomorrow, so they get out early. But the other two schools are on regular time. :xmad: Makes for a LONG day!

Yeah we have 2 edison schools and they run on their own 1/2 day and early release schedule. :dunno:

Sailor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    Always move to safety regardless of who is at fault, unless you have a vehicle with injuries. Then I would turn off the ignition and not move the injured unless you have the training.

Bluedragon

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    Bah this is one of the reasons I dislike winter, being how icy it gets. It's raining, and ice is everywhere right now, where I am at. It's so bad I dare not go driving in it. >_<

Last edited:

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    We got hammered with an ice storm and the thunder is booming non-stop. Oddly, the sky is sea-green which I've never seen in the winter before. It's reflecting greenish gray off the snow that's covering everything and it's a very weird sight to see.

Our lights keep flickering, so I'm sure we're about to lose power. A transformer just blew not too far away, but we aren't on that grid. So far 70K + people in the Ft.Wayne area just lost power, so no traffic lights either.

RogerB

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2008
    New Palestine
    We got hammered with an ice storm and the thunder is booming non-stop. Oddly, the sky is sea-green which I've never seen in the winter before. It's reflecting greenish gray off the snow that's covering everything and it's a very weird sight to see.

Our lights keep flickering, so I'm sure we're about to lose power. A transformer just blew not too far away, but we aren't on that grid. So far 70K + people in the Ft.Wayne area just lost power, so no traffic lights either.

man that sux! Also the only time I've ever seen the sky look the way you described, was right before a tornado hit.... wierd.

Top Bottom