June 10-12 Shotgun, Michigan
    June 17-19 Handgun, Virginia
    Aug 12-14 Handgun, Boone County Indiana
    Aug 16-18 Shotgun, Boone County Indiana
    Aug 19-21 Carbine, Boone County Indiana

Application for training
    Alaska Tactical and Security, Inc.
    https://www.facebook.com/events/512713825573848/

I just post the info from the Boone Co. page. People complain about not knowing about a class or having enough time to get ready for it.

I have no official affiliation, control or authorization to answer your questions. Please contact Boone Co. or the vendor listed with any and all questions or concerns you have.

ColdSteel223

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 18, 2009
    Bloomington, IN
    I'm sure it's a great course but I can't imagine it being the same without Louis.

I agree. That being said check this out:

[h=2]YFA – Louis Awerbuck[/h]Steve McDaniel comes as close as anyone alive to the teaching style, concern for students, commitment, and humility of Louis Awerbuck. This high praise comes from his partner, Leigh (Snake) and several devoted students. Louis’s confidence in Steve was evident and well-known.
    In Leigh’s words,
    “In my life with Louis I learned a great deal about what he held dear. Personal integrity took second place to nothing. He valued commitment, humility, and proficiency. For ten years I listened to him praise the teaching ability and weapon craft of Steve McDaniel at Alaska Tactical.
    Steve’s teaching style, concern for students, and way of thinking are very similar to Louis’s and I am grateful that he is able to step into the void left by Louis’ death.
    It is with this knowledge and experience that I recommend Steve as an exceptionally fine firearms instructor.”
    You will find Steve’s concern, attention to detail, commitment to safety, and dedication to continue the fine example set by our dear and departed friend, Louis.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I've never heard of Steve McDaniel or Alaska Tactical before now, but you can't get a better endorsement than that.

I don't know if I'll ever do one of the YFA classes again, but I would at least consider it now.

ColdSteel223

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 18, 2009
    Bloomington, IN
    Alaska Tactical has the endorsement of Leigh. Steve is not Louis, as best as I can tell no one makes any claim that he is. Similar style and methods yes, but not the same.

Three day class for $575 is a good deal. I trust Leigh and her judgement, if she recommends Steve as an instructor you can be assured that you will learn and get your moneys worth from the class.

I am strongly leaning toward the carbine class.

You shouldn't stop training because one man passed away. Don't turn away from a training opportunity because someone took up the slack from the loss of that man.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    What seems uncomfortable to me is a 3 day shotgun class, ouch.

That's why I use a 20ga 870 now!

The shooting part is not really a big deal for me, though. The hard part is lasting three days doing anything. I'm good for about half a day now and that's about it. My days of 3-day or longer classes are done.

Top Bottom