• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    (INDY-BRipple)
    Um, correct me if Im wrong, but aren't "peace conditions" given to the side which is losing?

I find this very insulting that group like Al Qeada has the gall to even offer.
    I think this is more of show, but nonetheless it is interesting.

"reaching out" to Obama. Anyways here's the article.

Al Qaeda’s American-born spokesman has repeated the terror group’s conditions for peace with America in a video released Sunday.

Adam Gadahn called on President Barack Obama to withdraw his troops from Iraq and Afghanistan, end support for Israel, stop intervening in the affairs of Muslims, and free Muslim prisoners.

Link

Will or has Obama compli'ed with Al Qeada?

Pro's if any, and Con's?

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    There is one provision that for some reason isn't on that list, all non-muslims will drink the government supplied kool-aid

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Um, correct me if Im wrong, but aren't "peace conditions" given to the side which is losing?

Technically, yes, the losing side doesn't have much say in what exactly they will be if they want to end the hostilities. But this is essentially AQ's version of "suing for peace" which is done by the losing side, ostensibly, in the past, to avoid complete annihilation, but not so much any more.

I wouldn't be insulted. The fact that they are making the first move speaks volumes in my opinion. If they really thought they could continue forever and achieve their goals at a cost acceptable to them, they wouldn't deign to speak to us, let alone offer peace terms.

Of course, the flip side of that coin is that this is all a stunt of some form and they are being about as disingenuous as they can be in their attempts.

Either way, their current MO is failing and they feel the need to try something else. That can't be all bad.

ihateiraq

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Upinya
    the conditions sound ok to me. but all prisoners will be released sans fingers.

even if our military isnt losing the war, our country is.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    the conditions sound ok to me. but all prisoners will be released sans fingers.

even if our military isnt losing the war, our country is.

Not me. I don't hold much to the notion that our enemies can dictate with whom we hold diplomatic relations. And make no mistake, "support" for Israel will include anything that stops short of a complete rejection of their valid government and right to the land within their borders. If you personally (and this isn't a slam on your belief, so please don't take it that way), don't like the foreign aid going to Israel, I understand that. But there's a difference between a misuse of tax dollars with an international power play to de-legitimatize a sovereign nation.

revsaxon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plano, TX
    My bet is "O" actually gives them some of the list. Probably not freeing prisoners, but the rest seems like something he would do if he though it was to his advantage.

My guess as to why they are doing this is because its going to be used as justification for something new and horrible they have yet to do. A kinda "well we wouldn't have had to do _________ if you had only given in to our minor demands"

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I say go for it, with three stipulations:

-Al Qaeda accepts responsibility for policing every muslim on the face of the planet.

-Should any muslim, be they a citizen of this country or not, take any action from this point forward which could be interpreted as an act of terrorism or of war against any non muslim country we are well within our rights to nuke every muslim country off of the face of the earth, burn every copy of the Koran in existence and wipe any shred of their existence from the face of the earth.

-A two week grace period to allow for any muslim to flee to a muslim country and any non muslim to flee to a non muslim country. After the two week period all political contact and travel between the two will be suspended and we will allow supply and demand to dictate the price of their oil.

revsaxon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plano, TX
    I say go for it, with three stipulations:

-Al Qaeda accepts responsibility for policing every muslim on the face of the planet.

I think Al Qaeda would like that kind of power. And I think 99.99% of the muslim world is terrified something like that might happen

antsi

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Of course, the flip side of that coin is that this is all a stunt of some form and they are being about as disingenuous as they can be in their attempts.

Peace overtures are one of the oldest propaganda tricks in war.

One of the most famous examples was Hitler's July 1940 Reichstag speech "A Last Appeal to Reason." He offered the British an immediate end to the war. He knew the Brits would reject the offer, but they weren't the real target of the offer. After having made an offer, Hitler could tell his own people and everyone in neutral countries that he was the one striving for peace and the ongoing war was really the Brits' fault.

This Al Queda ploy is probably the same kind of thing. It might play with the home audience. There might even be some US liberal/pacifists who will take it at face value, and reinforce their belief that the whole conflict is America's fault.

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    If our leader at the time of 9/11(Bush) or the other joker in charge during the first WTC attack(Clinton) would have retaliated with a full on attack rather than a gloves on invasion then maybe we would be out of the woods now. I don't think that we should attack people at random but a strong and forceful retaliation that leaves no doubt for the next attacker would be an acceptable response to me.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    obamatard is already slowly ending support for Israel, he plans to pull out of Afgan in 2011, Iraq by the same time, and he's apologized for our involvement many times. Am I forgetting anything? Oh yea, he's released prisoners from Gitmo and trying some in civilian courts.

I'd say he's ALREADY complied with their demands. :dunno: :xmad:

Top Bottom