• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mordred

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    I like the Yugo M70 versions because they are a bit more solid. They are around the same price, $500-600 bucks. Give them a look see online.

grassman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2010
    N CENTRAL IN
    I'd go ak 47 russian ammo is still pretty cheap, and still plentiful . If you can find a dealer with a few wasr 10 in stock and look them over real good pick out the best one i'm sure you will be pleased with it . I'v got a few and have had no problems with any of them . You can't beat the price duhnums sports seems to always have a few in stock. 379.00 on sale.

Mad Anthony Wayne

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    NE central Indiana
    I'm going against the mold here. I have a converted Saiga in 5.45x39. I really enjoy it. Ammo is dirt cheap and the round has a flatter trajectory. I find it to be a shade more accurate than an AK47. Stay away from the Century Polish tantals though. I've heard a lot of talk that they are junk.

Beemer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Bloomington
    I got an AK47 a couple years back and I adore it. I have been told accuracy is kind of a luck of the draw on them and I guess I got lucky.

Cherryspringer

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 16, 2011
    Lafayette
    I just picked up my first ak this weekend. It's a wasr. It's rougher than I could have imagined. Since saturday I've been filing, grinding and sanding since. I'm having fun with it and it will be awesome when I'm done. Don't regret my purchase and I'll buy more of them.:rockwoot:

Mr.JAG

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    We really just need someone to make a sticky that breaks down the different options in AKs with Strength's/Weaknesses and suggestions depending on use.

This question pops up twice a week it seems.

IndyS12

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2010
    Zionsville, IN
    We really just need someone to make a sticky that breaks down the different options in AKs with Strength's/Weaknesses and suggestions depending on use.

This question pops up twice a week it seems.

I agree with this. I've seen this question at least 4 times in the last couple of months.

But to be constructive, I'd say you really can't go wrong with most options, just stay away from the Century products. Of course, always try to take a look at the gun and look for any obvious problems with it, like canted sights, before you buy it.

EDIT: Of course, if you want a gun that you don't mind putting a little work into to make run right, then you could try a Century, but there are better options out there. The WASR's seem pretty alright from the ones I've handled.

Gaffshot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Ak 74 @ Centerfiresolutions are $369 w/ 3 mags. 5.45 ammo is super cheap. I bought one and love it.

I can't find Centerfire Solutions but I do find Centerfire Systems. I don't see this deal though. Do you have a link to the right place?

Top Bottom