• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Mar 14, 2008
    Do you currently have a threaded muzzle?

Exactly. If it threaded, then it could not be any easier. If it is not threaded, then you will likely need professional help.

What flavor is it?

Turtle

Master
    Jul 8, 2008
    INDY
    Hopefully yours is threaded. But I use a AK74 break on my yugo. It looks good, adds about 4inches and like a 1/2lb of weight to the barrel. Really helps the accuracy alot exspecially with faster repeat shots. And did I mention the cool factor? It shoots the flames to the side (looks like a dragon shooting flames out its nose) when shooting in the dark.

arbitrary

Plinker
    Apr 3, 2008
    I'm guessing you are having problems with yours. First, if you have just a small nut-type, it may be tack welded to the barrel. Hopefully, but not necessarily, it will be threaded. You should be able to tell if you look closely. If it is, you can cut off the weld with a dremmel and a reinforced cutoff wheel. If there are no threads, I think you will have to cut off the weld, and re-weld the slant break, though I have no experience with this condition.

Next, the threads are lefty, opposite of what you are use to. Easy enough to get off once you turn the left way. Good luck.

KDUBCR250

Master
    Jan 21, 2008
    Martinsville
    Guess I should have gave more info. Ak47 SAR1 no threads or baonet lug. Seen on a site where you can buy the tools to do it yourself just wondering if anyone had one so I didnt have to buy them for a 1 time use . Heres a pic .
    012908_21181.jpg

Donnelly

Master
    May 22, 2008
    Cass County
    Is it legal to thread the muzzle on one that was imported as a non-threaded variety? I though it had something to do with a BATFE ruling.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Mar 14, 2008
    Guess I should have gave more info. Ak47 SAR1 no threads or baonet lug. Seen on a site where you can buy the tools to do it yourself just wondering if anyone had one so I didnt have to buy them for a 1 time use .

This could not be more timely. I have a similar situation on my horizon with an Intrac MKII that is (I am guessing) unthreaded. I do not want to put money into it as I never should have bid on it in the first place.

As for legality, making any changes in it would only happen after I have all the 922 compliance parts ready to go in it. The point of the tac welding as I understand it is that the muzzle break is then a part of the barrel NOT a break itself.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    SAR-1s were sold by Century already with all necessary unconstitutional 922 compliance parts installed. Since the handguards appear to be US made, the world will not come to an end if an imported brake was installed on the muzzle.

Top Bottom