• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheWabbit

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    In my lair
    What date is all of this actually going down? I couldnt find that part anywhere?

3/3/2013 - hopefully

My super high tech system for getting the barrel out of the trunnion. The AK74 is actually quite easy.

ak74_barrelpusher.jpg

And the parts all over my bench ready for riveting this weekend.

ak74_barrelout.jpg

Last edited:

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    Ill have the stuff to thread 14x1 LH if anyone needs it.

as for barrels, Atlantic had some but they are sold out. You can go to their site and sign up to be notified when more come in.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Ill have the stuff to thread 14x1 LH if anyone needs it.

as for barrels, Atlantic had some but they are sold out. You can go to their site and sign up to be notified when more come in.

Nice! I have the die and guide (7.62) to bring as well, but I currently don't have the die stock.

Psode27

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Rochester
    I took a pic of some of my "tools" just for fun... Nothing shocking noone else probably has, but if nothing else its something else to use. My fancy looking rivet press is probably on its last legs as the arm is getting pretty bent up (its home built), but the bolt cutter rivet tool is good to go! I dont have anything "good" for the long rear trunnion rivets, I have just gone really slow and eye-balled it in the past and have always had good results.
    29795CB9-FF9A-4E3F-AD54-D09765DA8B18-7335-00000B2E8C7C7DFA.jpg

Where will this be located, do we know that yet? I apologize if I missed that somewhere...
    I hope to have two ak74 kit ready to go (looking for a barrel for one). I will also be purchasing flats.
    I hate to stray too far off topic, but does anyone have any specific PSL tools? I have a PSL kit as well I've been drooling over sitting around.

I have go/no go 7.62x39 headspace gauges and I think I can get my hands on some 7.62x54 gauges as well.

draftsman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 5, 2012
    Greenfield
    Dumb question. How do you know if an AK (parts kit) was made w/ a milled receiver vs stamped (if it's not disclosed)? I don't want to get stuck buying a kit that cannot be build on a stamped receiver. Buy Yugo & Romny but not Bulgarians?
    Thanks

TheWabbit

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    In my lair
    Dumb question. How do you know if an AK (parts kit) was made w/ a milled receiver vs stamped (if it's not disclosed)? I don't want to get stuck buying a kit that cannot be build on a stamped receiver. Buy Yugo & Romny but not Bulgarians?
    Thanks

The biggest clue is the lack of trunnions. The milled receiver has the trunnions built in.

TheWabbit

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    In my lair
    First thing to get riveted is the trigger guard. That is done on the AK74. Test fitting everything just to see what it will look like. Notice the rear trunnion holes need to be drilled here. On the AMD65, I had to drill the front trunnion holes. I'm currently riveting the front trunnion to the receiver.

Also, see the ziplock bag? Good place to keep small parts (i.e. the front sight, rear sight, gas block pins from the barrel). This way when wife tells you to move your stuff, things don't get lost...you know who you are.

ak74_triggerguard.jpg

Last edited:

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    I'll bring all this sexy

<------------------

And hopefully a PSL to build. I can provide entertainment.

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    BTW anyone know where to get a PSL kit? I see Apex has them minus the barrel and receiver. Anywhere else?

Top Bottom