• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TrueSeanamus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 8, 2021
    Indiana
    I fell for the Yugo meme. Certainly a lot rougher around the edges than any of my other AK’s except maybe my 1992 romy. But I guess for the going prices of most AK’s these days it’s not too bad.

The magwell seems pretty great though. The Croatian mags that give me all sorts of trouble in my other rifles go in without issue in the Yugo.

Was quite disappointed when I saw there wasn’t a bayonet lug either. I need the cold steel out there.

Enough with the complaining! it’s a cool rifle for sure, will be even better once I’m done De-Americanizing it. My new question is how am I going to get a sling on the gun, the original Yugo stocks don’t have sling swivels. And Zpaps don’t have the receiver mounted sling swivel…I don’t know if I’m going to have to go without, try inletting the stock for a sling swivel or what

Pic related.

Next AK will probably be getting my Polish kit built. Still waiting for the reciever to come in from Childers. It’s been over a month and a half. ;-;

Attachments

• FC7DF74D-65C2-471A-BD35-C8539A0E5440.jpeg
      FC7DF74D-65C2-471A-BD35-C8539A0E5440.jpeg
      1 MB · Views: 14

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    I fell for the Yugo meme. Certainly a lot rougher around the edges than any of my other AK’s except maybe my 1992 romy. But I guess for the going prices of most AK’s these days it’s not too bad.

The magwell seems pretty great though. The Croatian mags that give me all sorts of trouble in my other rifles go in without issue in the Yugo.

Was quite disappointed when I saw there wasn’t a bayonet lug either. I need the cold steel out there.

Enough with the complaining! it’s a cool rifle for sure, will be even better once I’m done De-Americanizing it. My new question is how am I going to get a sling on the gun, the original Yugo stocks don’t have sling swivels. And Zpaps don’t have the receiver mounted sling swivel…I don’t know if I’m going to have to go without, try inletting the stock for a sling swivel or what

Pic related.

Next AK will probably be getting my Polish kit built. Still waiting for the reciever to come in from Childers. It’s been over a month and a half. ;-;
    All the military style com block AKs I have all have the sling attachment on the lower handguard retainer. My ZPAP has a QD attachment on the triangle stock. At least it looks to be a QD location

TrueSeanamus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 8, 2021
    Indiana
    All the military style com block AKs I have all have the sling attachment on the lower handguard retainer. My ZPAP has a QD attachment on the triangle stock. At least it looks to be a QD location
    Ya, I’m almost certain the military Yugo M70 stocks don’t have sling attachment points because the actual military guns had the sling attachment point on the receiver but that spot is covered by the optic rail on the zpap.

The front sling s attachment point is by the gas block. Not on the handguard retainer like most other countries guns

TrueSeanamus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 8, 2021
    Indiana

Pic related.

All corrections have been made to the old girl now besides the bayonet lug and sling swivel. Not sure how I want to go about that. But it’s definitely looking a lot better without that awful US furniture. F9BCB236-0CFE-4BAB-BB6C-EB01E43E09D5.jpeg FC8457D5-3877-420E-9643-A5440BE65857.jpeg

Much happier with it now that it looks 95% right. :thumbsup::rockwoot:

TrueSeanamus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 8, 2021
    Indiana
    Bulgarian SLR-95 is now AK-103 clone. Sooo . . . Best way to colorize this in the white front sight assembly?
    High temp black enamel spray paint like what you would put on a grill or something has always worked for me. Usually a very close match to the paints they use on these. Just tape off everything and paint a small area of it, let it dry, and compare the colors to see if you are happy with them.

Edit:

This is the exact stuff I have used. (It looks weird but it’s an Amazon link)

Rust-Oleum 7778830 High Heat Spray Paint, 12 Ounce, Bar-B-Que Black, 12 Fl Oz
    https://a.co/d/58liBmu

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    High temp black enamel spray paint like what you would put on a grill or something has always worked for me. Usually a very close match to the paints they use on these. Just tape off everything and paint a small area of it, let it dry, and compare the colors to see if you are happy with them.

Edit:

This is the exact stuff I have used. (It looks weird but it’s an Amazon link)

Rust-Oleum 7778830 High Heat Spray Paint, 12 Ounce, Bar-B-Que Black, 12 Fl Oz
    https://a.co/d/58liBmu
    Thanks, True.

Top Bottom