• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • repair

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Well I bought an AK47 in .22lr today and I was hoping that it would have been built using a regular AK reciever but after doing some research I learned that the ones that work good are a completely different design.

What does this mean, well it means that I can't just simply bolt on some tapco parts and have a copy if my other AKs .

Well I have done some messing around and I have got the front covers to fit pretty well (I still have some cleaning) but I still have to decide what to do about a stock.

Since this gun came with a stock is it agaist the law to leave the stock off?

I plan to put a stock on it but I was just wondering.

Anyone know if anyone make Tactical stocks for these?

Mine is a Armscor (Arms Corporation of the Philippines)

AK4722001.jpg

AK4722002.jpg

AK4722003.jpg

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Mine is a Armscor (Arms Corporation of the Philippines)

Armscor's AK-22 (your rifle) and the M-1600 are basically the action from their M20 sporter rifle accessorized to look something like an AK or AR; they bear about as much functional similarity to those guns as does a Ruger 10/22.

Kudos for making "real" AK furniture fit your gun. It would be legal to leave the stock off, provided the gun still meets the barrel and OAL requirements to be defined as a "rifle" per state and federal laws.

Anyone know if anyone make Tactical stocks for these?

Armscor sells a folding stock version of that gun outside the USA, but I've never seen one (or even just the stock itself) available here.
    mak22fsnew.jpg

CSK22

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    Stoplight City
    I had the m16 version 22lr from armscor, a blast to shoot, traded it to another member on here, I noticed a lack of parts for mine, and mags were expensive, at least 30 bucks per mag and none were larger then 10 :(

Armscor AK-22 10Rd Gun Magazine

Contact armscor they are always very helpful with information, and could possibly cut you a good deal on a replacement stock. Not sure about tactical, but I'm not sure it would be too difficult to slap your own on.

Sorry I wasn't much help.

Top Bottom