• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TRWXXA

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2008
    Good article. Thanks.

The fact is that the private security firms do a much better job than the TSA. When tested, the TSA misses weapon and explosives almost 80% of the time -- EVEN WHEN THEY ARE TOLD WHEN THEY ARE GOING TO BE TESTED. IIRC, private security was 4 to 7 times more successful at detecting these items.

Remember, the September 11th terrorists were not successful because the contracted security firms failed to detect the boxcutters the terrorists had on them (they did). The terrorists were allowed to keep them because they were not considered weapons at the time. However proponents of bigger government and political correctness decided that a new level of bureaucracy was required to implement the policy of treating EVERYONE like a criminal would keep us safe.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I am not sure. The Airlines have some pretty stupid policies, that aren't very secure.

Example:

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]So, my then fiance's daughter wants to come into town to be here for her little brother as he goes through tests for cancer. So my fiance buys a ticket on Delta for her to fly back. Delta first says that the daughter has to bring the credit card with her "for security reasons". Uhm, daughter, mother, different states. Hello? So Delta says: "well then, you can come down to the local airport, prior to your daughter's flight and show your credit card, OR, you can pay a $100 fee and you wont have to show your card." !!!!

So, let me get this straight, for "security" they need to see the credit card, ok, makes sense, BUT, they will waive the "security" IF she pays them $100!?!?

So, Habib calls up for Abdulla, and pays for Abdulla to fly, on Habib's credit card, and Delta will waive the security if they pay an extra $100. Oh, ok, while you are at it, Abdulla has this really big carry on he wants to bring, can Habib pay an extra $100 so that carry on doesnt have to go through security too??

Not so confident in Airlines policing themselves...
    [/FONT]

wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    Good article. Thanks.

The fact is that the private security firms do a much better job than the TSA. When tested, the TSA misses weapon and explosives almost 80% of the time -- EVEN WHEN THEY ARE TOLD WHEN THEY ARE GOING TO BE TESTED. IIRC, private security was 4 to 7 times more successful at detecting these items.

Remember, the September 11th terrorists were not successful because the contracted security firms failed to detect the boxcutters the terrorists had on them (they did). The terrorists were allowed to keep them because they were not considered weapons at the time. However proponents of bigger government and political correctness decided that a new level of bureaucracy was required to implement the policy of treating EVERYONE like a criminal would keep us safe.

Source for your figures?

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I am not sure. The Airlines have some pretty stupid policies, that aren't very secure.
    So then, if I flew Delta one time and saw that their standards were lax, I could choose next time to fly American.

Conversely, if American actually listened to some of their passengers and chose to allow LTCH/CCW/CFP/whatever holders to fly armed and Delta did not, you can bet that American would get my business and free advertising from me until I had one hella good reason not to give it to them, but the central point is that it would be a private business decision... And if the Bradys and the Helmkes and the VPC goons chose to instead fly via Unarmed Airlines, I would not object. Anyone want to bet which airline would be more often hijacked?

Example:

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]So, my then fiance's daughter wants to come into town to be here for her little brother as he goes through tests for cancer. So my fiance buys a ticket on Delta for her to fly back. Delta first says that the daughter has to bring the credit card with her "for security reasons". Uhm, daughter, mother, different states. Hello? So Delta says: "well then, you can come down to the local airport, prior to your daughter's flight and show your credit card, OR, you can pay a $100 fee and you wont have to show your card." !!!!

So, let me get this straight, for "security" they need to see the credit card, ok, makes sense, BUT, they will waive the "security" IF she pays them $100!?!?

So, Habib calls up for Abdulla, and pays for Abdulla to fly, on Habib's credit card, and Delta will waive the security if they pay an extra $100. Oh, ok, while you are at it, Abdulla has this really big carry on he wants to bring, can Habib pay an extra $100 so that carry on doesnt have to go through security too??

[/FONT]
    And again, if Delta did this and you were not confident in Delta's plan, you could choose to not patronize them.
    When they have to start grounding flights because they can't afford to pay employees, it is only companies such as the hypothetical version of AA that would remain in business.

:twocents:

Blessings,
    Bill

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    So then, if I flew Delta one time and saw that their standards were lax, I could choose next time to fly American.

Conversely, if American actually listened to some of their passengers and chose to allow LTCH/CCW/CFP/whatever holders to fly armed and Delta did not, you can bet that American would get my business and free advertising from me until I had one hella good reason not to give it to them, but the central point is that it would be a private business decision... And if the Bradys and the Helmkes and the VPC goons chose to instead fly via Unarmed Airlines, I would not object. Anyone want to bet which airline would be more often hijacked?

And again, if Delta did this and you were not confident in Delta's plan, you could choose to not patronize them.
    When they have to start grounding flights because they can't afford to pay employees, it is only companies such as the hypothetical version of AA that would remain in business.

:twocents:

Blessings,
    Bill

I agree with you in principle. However, I am not sure how many Americans remember how to vote with their wallets any more. SO many people now run to the Gubment for protection and intervention, we are forgetting what it is like to be a Capitalist society, ala Michael Moore.

jsgolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Greenwood

Example:

[/FONT]
    I admit to not knowing the specifics of the situation, but I can almost guarantee those "security" reasons are the result of state mandates, not the airlines. You can't divine what airline policy would be without state control, when the environment as it exists now is complete state control.

Top Bottom