• ...and so much more!
  • repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    I have both an EO Tech (the 552) and the Aimpoint, I like the EO Tech way more. Have it on the SCAR and my Aimpoint on my AR. Rarely shoot the AR anymore, and everyone loves the EO Tech out on the range.

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    Aimpoint is the most rugged and long lasting scope I know of. Eotech is combat proven, but delicate by comparison due to the technology being more complex, and requires more power to support it.

I prefer the tube with a simple dot, always on, since battery lasts five years running.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    If you want 5+ years of constant-on battery life, a shape and design that is inherently rugged, electronics that won't fail under recoil, a small and lightweight package, and switchology that is simple and can be adjusted under stress, go with an Aimpoint. I recommend the H1/T1.

If you want a cool reticle that can be found in video games, go with an EOTech. :D

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    If you want 5+ years of constant-on battery life, a shape and design that is inherently rugged, electronics that won't fail under recoil, a small and lightweight package, and switchology that is simple and can be adjusted under stress, go with an Aimpoint. I recommend the H1/T1.

If you want a cool reticle that can be found in video games, go with an EOTech. :D

:popcorn:

Here I was, being all subdued and junk. :D

Let's see, I recommend you get MSA/Sordin earpro and, after buying something cheap, you get MSA/Sordin earpro.

I suggest an HSP Thorntail, and you buy one.

I don't like Glocks and love my M&P, you ditch your Glock and Get an M&P.

I have a 300BLK (not so soon to be) SBR, everyone knows you're going to get one too.

Are you sweet on me, son? Or just slow? :laugh:

All kidding aside, in my experience the only things my T-1 offers over the XPS is physical size and battery life; if you try the "video game" reticle on the XPS I think you'll be pleasantly surprised with your increased ability to quickly and effectively engage targets. They're both fine tools with their own (dis)advantages, and I like them both for different reasons.

I'm in the process of building a new (epic, Vitamink level, but w/o the thong or Fiero) AR that doesn't lend itself to any RDS. I'm offering to loan you my XPS 2.0 on a LaRue mount for T&E so's you can get your mind right. ;)

:ingo:

vxtip

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    West of somewhere
    The eotechs are know to have problems with the batteries losing contact and going out while shooting as well as draining batteries without being used, so people go to use them and find the battery is dead. The XPS seems to have cured the first issue, not sure about the latter. Of course, the people who have a problem will complain the loudest while the people with Eotechs that work fine won't say much about it. I do like shooting the eotech more but the aimpoint seems to be the more trust-worthy option.

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    The eotechs are know to have problems with the batteries losing contact and going out while shooting as well as draining batteries without being used, so people go to use them and find the battery is dead. The XPS seems to have cured the first issue, not sure about the latter. Of course, the people who have a problem will complain the loudest while the people with Eotechs that work fine won't say much about it. I do like shooting the eotech more but the aimpoint seems to be the more trust-worthy option.

My XPS has had neither of those issues. I change the batteries on all my firearms (and smoke detectors) on New Years. I also agree with your last statement, but only from second hand experience... My T-1 sure feels solid.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    For what it's worth, the newer EOTechs don't have the problem with the battery contacts. Instead of AA batteries aligned with the bore, they use a single CR123A Lithium battery transverse to the boreline. They're also a lot more compact and lighter than their predecessors.

Durability and battery life are clearly the advantage of the Aimpoint. Like some others, I find the reticle of the EOTech more friendly to my shooting, but the key reason I bought them (years ago) was that I didn't need additional mounting hardware, as you did with all of the contemporary Aimpoints.

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    Anther thing I don't like about Eotech is that under magnification, I see two center dots. I asked Eotech support, and they confirmed, that because of the technology, you will see a ghost of the dot under magnification. Aimpoint doesn't have this drawback.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy

Hey that last :D was just for you.

Let's see, I recommend you get MSA/Sordin earpro and, after buying something cheap, you get MSA/Sordin earpro.

True.

Ok I'll count that one too.

To be fair, my M&P lust began at NFA Day 2009 when I shot Tinman's M&P45.

I have a 300BLK (not so soon to be) SBR, everyone knows you're going to get one too.

And who was it that started the INGO 300BLK thread?? ;)

Mutually good taste. :laugh:

All kidding aside, in my experience the only things my T-1 offers over the XPS is physical size and battery life;

With the new XPS series, I completely agree with this statement. And its those two things that puts Aimpoint over the top for me.

I'm offering to loan you my XPS 2.0 on a LaRue mount for T&E so's you can get your mind right. ;)

I'll never turn down some T&E. :yesway: Send it to me and I'll run it on my Noveske and report back.

mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    :popcorn:

All kidding aside, in my experience the only things my T-1 offers over the XPS is physical size and battery life; if you try the "video game" reticle on the XPS I think you'll be pleasantly surprised with your increased ability to quickly and effectively engage targets. They're both fine tools with their own (dis)advantages, and I like them both for different reasons.

I'm in the process of building a new (epic, Vitamink level, but w/o the thong or Fiero) AR that doesn't lend itself to any RDS. I'm offering to loan you my XPS 2.0 on a LaRue mount for T&E so's you can get your mind right. ;)

+1

Too many people believe the same thing forever, without ever re-evaluating their stances.
    I love the eotech, saving to buy an xps now.
    Everyone who is smart changes a battery regularly anyways, to prevent and.prepare.
    You don't wait on FAIL to take place, you plan to circumvent it and
    there's a gas station on every corner, battery life is a null argument in most aspects.
    But there is koolaid, and people do drink.

Top Bottom